Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Not sure what I need?  (Read 920 times)

Charlie62

Not sure what I need?
« on: December 10, 2018, 10:48:14 AM »

Hi ladies
I haven't posted on here for a while but would like some help if possible.
I started on femoston conti, ok for about a year but then felt it wasn't right for me so changed to evorel conti about 2 months ago. Although the physical symptoms are manageable (although sleep is very disrupted) I seem to be more Moody, irritable & very anxious.
So my questions are:
Could I be lacking in 1 hormone more than the other?
Should i take something extra alongside the patches to deal with the emotional side of the menopause?
There are so many different variations of hrt & the advice on here is great but I'm at a loss as to what woukd suit me.
TIA

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Not sure what I need?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:41:44 PM »

Think about what you felt was 'wrong' with the Femoston Conti? Was there an option to increase the dose?  Hormones can cause emotional upset

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 08:51:52 PM »

Hi Charlie62
I know you can take extra oestrogen along side Femoston Conti, but I don't know about your evorel conti patches.
I'm on femoston conti, and use Sandrena gel too. As an extra boost. As doubling up gives me too much prog.
The delivery is quite different now you're on patches, so maybe you're not getting enough.
Sorry, can't offer much more advice, but I'm sure some ladies cut the patches in half and use one and half instead of just one. You could try it, and whip it off if it's no good.
Good luck,
Jd xx

Charlie62

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 11:52:48 AM »

Thank you ladies for your replies.
CLKD I'm feeling much the same as I did on the femoston conti. I was first offered AD but didn't want to take them. My 2nd option was femoston 2/10 but i didn't want a bleed as I had been on the contraceptive pill so have had no bleeding for years so can't really say when menopause started. 3rd option is the patches but apart from the 1st month I haven't really seen much improvement.

JILLYDOLL Thank you for your advice, i think I will check with my gp to see if I can take something extra although she is supposed to be my surgerys hrt expert but she wanted to palm me off with AD so don't hold out much hope ☹

STELLAJANE I liked the idea of the patches as they are so much easier (some women have said that they find they don't always stay put but I have the reverse where the bloody things dont want to come off lol) I may need to rethink my her medication.
Thanks again ladies x