Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mid month period on Femoston 2/10  (Read 1109 times)

Hello101

Mid month period on Femoston 2/10
« on: November 14, 2018, 10:12:17 PM »

Hi. This is my first post so apologies if I don't post correctly! I've had an early menopause and have been on HRT for the last year (I'm 44 but my symptoms started at around age 41). I didn't get on well with the first HRT I tried but I've been on Femoston 2/10 for around the last 9 months and feel good on it. I always had a period on this just as I finished the combined oestrogen/progesterone tablets like clockwork however this month I had a one week period right in the middle of my pack as well as at the end. I haven't missed any tablets so I'm puzzled as to why this has happened. I will make an appointment to discuss this with my GP but I wanted to find out more about why this has happened before I see her.
I can't really find out much online except bleeding irregularities are common within the first six months of HRT-but I've been on this HRT for over 6 months.
Could this be anything sinister I need to have ruled out? My GP isn't hugely knowledgable about HRT I don't think so want to educate myself first! Thanks.

Dancinggirl

Re: Mid month period on Femoston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 10:18:23 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM

It's unlikely to be anything sinister but sometimes women develop polyps or fibroids on HRT.  It would probably be a good idea to get this checked if it happens again.  They would do a scan and maybe take samples for testing to be on the safe side.

If erratic bleeding continues to be a problem or there are fibroids, then having a Mirena fitted and having oestrogen as gel or patch alongside might be a good idea.

DG x

Hello101

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 10:40:34 PM »

Thanks for replying. Is it recommended you see the GP if irregular bleeding is a one off? Or should I wait and see if it happens again?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 11:06:11 PM »

It may have been a one off anyway. If you were continously bleeding then it might be of more concern. If you are worried then do get it checked.
Was it a proper bleed like a period or just some spotting? Do you get a good bleed each month after the progesterone phase?
A lot of GPs might suggest you stop HRT but as you are young this wouldn't be a good idea. 
It's up to you whether you want things investigated straight away or wait and see if it occurs again this month.
I had a premature menopause but I'm now 62 and been off HRT for over 2 years. I had nearly 25 years of hrt. Before finishing with HRT, I kept getting erratic bleeding with my last hrt regime (Oestrogel with Utrogestan) - I had a scan and my womb lining had ‘patches' that weren't shedding properly. I had previously had a Mirena that worked much better as I didn't have problematic bleeding with this.
You probably should get things checked for your peace of mind.
DG x

Emerald2017

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 10:14:51 AM »

It sounds normal to me. I am on femoston 2/10 too and I have missed a few periods. My gyn said that it is ok and to continue taking it. If you feel good, stay on it and try not to worry so much! 💐

Hello101

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 10:33:51 AM »

Thanks both. Yes my mid month period was a proper heavy period which lasted for a week. The periods  that I usually get with Femoston last for about 6 days. My GP had previously referred me to my local menopause clinic on my request as I've had an early menopause and because I want to try testosterone gel so I think I'll wait and discuss this with them when my appointment comes round. Though of it happens again I'll chat to my GP.
Thanks again.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »

Hello101 - that sounds like a sensible plan.  Dg x