Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Fluttering  (Read 3124 times)

Fluttering
« on: December 04, 2018, 11:54:32 PM »

Hi ladies do any of you get now and then fluttering in top of stomach. Iam 5 years post menopause.still get quite a few things eg ectopics, hot flushes and suffer with health anxietity. Thankyou xxxx :o

jaypo

Re: Fluttering
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 09:33:16 AM »

Yes,all of us 😂
I actually went to my go as I had a fluttering feeling but all I got was omeprazole, I eventually figured it out for myself,it for me,was adrenaline rushes,quite common I think in us ladies of a certain age, I then realised I would get this sort of butterflies feeling just before a flush but now they happen randomly,can't say whether this is the same as you or not,it sounds like it though. the health anxiety is huge amongst us all here unfortunately, I don't take anything for it, I tried sertraline but it didn't agree with me,so I now have a bottle of CBD oil sitting waiting for my next attack,which I hope won't happen.
Hope you keep well 😊

EnglishRose

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 09:52:07 AM »

I can't relate to your symptoms sorry but I hsve my own that no one can relate to so I do understand that need to know your not alone.

I think many of us have symptoms that are not common and unique to ourselves and it's very hard not to worry they're so,ethung ekse.

Angel1964

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 10:23:34 AM »

Yes post Meno 3+ years. Still get fluttering sometimes all day and calms evening.  Anxiety,. Awake at 4 or 5am no sleep after that.  Lethargic, no energy, easily worn out.  Been on hrt Combi patches  nearly 5th week now, hoping to see some improvement.  I was told I had gastritis which can cause the fluttering/heartbeat stomach area.

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 10:30:12 AM »

Yes I get adrenaline rushes, hot flushes, major health anxiety, and I am 60. You're not alone. Sometimes I wonder if I will feel normal again, or is this the new normal?

Dancing Queen

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 11:24:47 AM »

My OH had fluttering in his stomach a couple of years ago - got him panicking about his heart but turned out to be gastric reflux. He`s not had it since he`s been on Omeprazole. x

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 11:45:42 AM »

I have taken it regularly in the past but I didn't seem to benefit.

suzysunday

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 12:20:17 PM »

I have been off hrt for a few months following post meno bleeding and now I just use local ovestin for atrophy.  It's been a terrible few months and the stress has been overwhelming.

suzysunday

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 02:02:40 PM »

I was put off hrt after the bleeding, I was so frightened. I really need the local ovestin for the atrophy, but it is not like the systemic hrt. What kind of food have you introduced into your diet?

suzysunday

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 02:47:02 PM »

Thanks for that.  I'll try some of it out.  The tibolone I was on made me feel very tired and made my bones ache. 

suzysunday

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 04:15:50 PM »

I will.  Many thanks.