Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Post menopause bleeding  (Read 1004 times)

Fee

Post menopause bleeding
« on: November 15, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »

I am 62 and have been on Estraderm patches for over 5 years starting on a low dose of 25mg and then increasing to 50mg for the last 3 years.  I also have a Mirena coil fitted, my second and this expires next March.  I am also on Vagifem and I must say it's been a lifesaver after months of dryness and itching and so many UTIs.

Suddenly out of the blue a week ago I started passing a small amount of blood and it doesn't seem to be letting up.   It's not a huge amount but I wonder now if I may have to reduce my Estraderm or do you think my Mirena may have given up?

My doctors appointment isn't for another two weeks but thought I would run this past all you lovely ladies.

Dancinggirl

Re: Post menopause bleeding
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 08:26:30 PM »

Could be a combination of both too high amount fo oestrogen and the progesterone is running in the Mirena. Only 30-60% of women are completely bleed free with the Mirena. It may be worth having the Mirena changed early. DG x

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 08:33:27 PM »

2 weeks seems a long time to wait for an appointment for pmb?  Can't you talk to someone sooner?

Fee

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 08:58:45 PM »

Thanks Dancinggirl, I wondered if it was a combination too.   I might try and halve my 50 patch next time round and see how it goes.

Suzysunday, I have a great female dr and she is very popular, she is really switched on as regards to HRT.  I was offered another gp in the practice (her husband, who is also great) but decided to wait, it's not a real emergency as such.