Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: help - I feel suicidal  (Read 9899 times)

racjen

Re: help - I feel suicidal
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 02:36:42 PM »

That's really interesting Roseenglish, and makes perfect sense. I've suspected for ages that it was testosterone that was the main problem, my levels are so low I have pretty much no leg or under-arm hair at all (quite convenient really!) and when I did tolerate it for just a few days my mood, energy and anxiety all improved and my libido absolutely hit the roof! Then it all stopped and I got my usual depressive reaction instead - so frustrating. Wonder if there's anyone out there who specilaises in T levels in women.....

Just done some research and it turns out that cold-water swimming, which I've found really helpful, also increases your testosterone level. It's all making sense - now just have to find a way of taking the damn stuff :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:46:14 PM by racjen »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2018, 06:48:56 PM »

Not the pond water  :o  :o ..........  ;)

racjen

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2018, 07:07:13 PM »

Uuuuurgh no, I'm lucky enough to live on the edge of Dartmoor, so I have lovely clean alive water bubbling down from the moor just 10 mins drive away. Or if I want to swim in the sea it's only half an hour to some beautiful beaches. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else....

Snoooze

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2018, 07:19:56 PM »

I love Devon.

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2018, 08:39:03 PM »

Cases packed, on my way  ;D - nope, it's raining outside  ;)

racjen

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2018, 10:22:18 PM »

Only snag is, it's bloody expensive - I've lived and worked here for 10 years but there's no way I could afford to buy a house here. Too many second homes, holiday cottages and wealthy landowners....

Gangan

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2018, 02:47:39 PM »

Uuuuurgh no, I'm lucky enough to live on the edge of Dartmoor, so I have lovely clean alive water bubbling down from the moor just 10 mins drive away.

When we first moved down here my husband worked for SWW doing outside fish surveys. His advice is to make sure that you have no cuts when swimming because of Weil's disease.

Gangan

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2018, 03:05:30 PM »

...... from rats' urine  :o.  The whole of one ambulance and fire crew, plus any medics involved, had to have injections following an incident in deep water ........

racjen

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2018, 05:42:25 PM »

Why is everyone so terrified of outdoor swimming? I've been doing it regularly for the 10 years I've lived here and I've had no problems whatsoever, and haven't heard of anyone else in the community who has either. I'd have thought a regular dose of chlorine would be far worse for you than some tiny risk of getting Weil's disease. It may not appeal to you, but there's a huge community of people doing it and really feeling the benefits.

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2018, 10:36:37 PM »

I'm OK outside when it's hot, i.e. Lake Lugano  ;D although that's been closed since I was there.  Don't *think* it was my fault  ::)

I like to see the bottom and if it's sandy loved it as a child.  Near Thetford Forest ......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]