Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen users - best time of day to apply?  (Read 843 times)

EleanorB

Oestrogen users - best time of day to apply?
« on: November 07, 2018, 07:56:51 AM »

Hi,

Wonder if anyone has any thoughts, experiences on the best time of day to apply the gel, morning or night?  Used it for the first time yesterday morning and felt nauseous all day and crazily tired. I am on only 1 pump to start so it wasn't me using too much.  I get stomach issues anyway but this was bad. Feel better this morning so wondering if night time application might be better?

Dancinggirl

Re: Oestrogen users - best time of day to apply?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 08:12:01 AM »

I always preferred applying in the morning but it really doesn't matter. I didn't apply it at night in case hubby and I wanted to get intimate. You are not supposed to have skin contact with another person with the area you have applied the gel for 1-2 hours after application. I used to apply it as soon as I woke in the morning and leave it to dry for 10 mins and then get dressed.
Do expect a bit of reaction at first - the body has got to adjust to any treatment.
I expect the nausea and fatigue would be anxiety - unfortunately many women feel very anxious about using HRT for many reasons but you should find in a week or so that you start to sleep better and generally feel better. Flushes will usually start to subside quite quickly  but if you are trying to control other meno symptoms then this can take longer.
I assume you have adjusted your diet and exercise to help your digestive system - eating small meals regularly and avoiding caffiene, fruit juices and alcohol? I find digestive enzyme capsules helpful and I've cut out foods that aggrevate my stomach. Relaxation techniques are also crucial I find - these really me to cope with stress and fatigue. DG x

Annie0710

Re: Oestrogen users - best time of day to apply?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 01:43:53 PM »

I am a gel user and prefer mornings for the reasons Dancinggirl says, I don't want any transferred to hubby so I apply when I wake up and leave for 10 mins then get dressed x