Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Permanently on the brink of tears  (Read 941 times)

Nik2502

Permanently on the brink of tears
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:46:47 AM »

I feel like I'm totally lost myself. I've had to take yet another week off work to try and pull myself around.
I'm permanent on the brink of tears. I feel so low and so miserable. I just want my ‘normal' self back.
I had sepsis and was in ITU for 12 days last Christmas and they took me off all my medication and, although it was restarted, I just don't feel right.
After a big fight with my GP she changed me from Femosten 2/10 to Everol 75 and utrogestan 100 in August and I felt great for three months but now I feel back to square one.
I can mostly cope with the physical symptoms but the mental ones are torture. It's not only affecting me but my whole family and life. Work are supportive but for how long?
I'm seeing Julie Ayres in Leeds tomorrow in the hope she can add the extra piece into the jigsaw.
Is this normal - the crying and wanting to be in bed all the time (I am also on an AD) - it's not depression though - it feels different?!
Thanks N x

Dancing Queen

Re: Permanently on the brink of tears
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »

Hi there, I totally sympathise I had the crying thing too - I know what you mean about it not feeling like depression. I was fine physically but several times a day would just find myself with tears streaming down my face for no reason.  Didn`t dare watch a sad film or listen to music as absolutely everything set me off! Turns out mine must have been hormonal as HRT patches have made me feel much much better. I`m still more emotional than I used to be but have got on top of the crying. :)  Hope you can get your imbalances sorted too xx

Blot

Re: Permanently on the brink of tears
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 12:46:17 PM »

I hope you get things sorted tomorrow Nik. I'm miserable myself but tbh I don't think my anxiety is hormone related.

Please let us know what you think of Julie Ayres. She's the closest menopause “expert” to me and I'd be interested to hear if she's any good. I may be heading her way myself.