Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estradot 75...and HUGE boobs! Will they reduce?  (Read 1444 times)

Noheroicsplease

Estradot 75...and HUGE boobs! Will they reduce?
« on: November 05, 2018, 08:51:22 AM »

I feel better than I have done in a few months, which I know is the most important thing. But my boobs are so big and uncomfortable, a downside which I feel very conscious of. I do a lot of sport, so it feels restrictive. I've had to invest in expensive sports gear which 'restrains them'!

Will this settle? or do women find this is an ongoing side-effect?

SueLW

Re: Estradot 75...and HUGE boobs! Will they reduce?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 12:13:18 PM »

Certainly enlarged boobs and soreness is a regular symptom of suddenly putting some oestrogen back into the body.  It should settle with a few months of getting used to it.  Even starting low doses can do it when the cells haven't had any oestrogen for a while.  I used to get it.  I no longer get it even if I increase my dose now (gel).  I assume that's because my cells are used to it again.  Keep going.  Don't let your boobs put you off feeling better in other ways.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 06:15:16 PM »

How long have you been on Estradot 75 mcg? I didn't notice any difference going from 50 mcg to 62.5 - but they are definitely slightly enlarged overall but also I am a little bit fatter - have about 4 pounds to lose - which makes boobs a bit bigger also. I do sometimes get painful boobs - especially in the area I had a lump in the past, (had lumpy breasts and also mastitis during breastfeeding several times) either during or just after the progesterone part of the cycle though. Could this be the case for you ie from the Mirena - although I think you had it put in a while ago?

Hurdity x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 09:45:46 PM »

Hurdity, do you think you are fatter from the Estradot? Or just from life! I feel fatter too, am wondering if it's the Estradot

I don't feel my boobs are painful, and the mirena is about 22 months old, just that the boobs are bigger. I really hate it. I'm a 32G! So, I'm narrow, and they look big. I was a DD.

Rosie63

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 08:27:13 AM »

Hello ladies.  Sorry to hijack your post but my question is about Estradot.  I've been taking it for just over a week and, so far so good.  I definitely feel a lot better generally and it seems to be dealing with my symptoms well.  My gp prescribed 50mg but I am using a patch and half as I had got to a very low point before starting.  However, I'm suffering with digestive issues.  I think most of it is wind but it's very painful and can be anywhere from the top of my torso, front and back, right down to lower stomach/pelvic area.  I wondered if any of you ladies taking Estradot had suffered with this when you first started and if it's likely to settle given time?

Thank you.

Rosie63 xx

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 10:27:55 AM »

Rosie, it's funny you say that - I had quite a lot of bloating and weird tummy feeling at first. I took a probiotic and that helped. It did settle. But yesterday and today, it's come back. Wind and bloating. Not painful but unpleasant. I wonder if it's when the estrogen is spiking.

Rosie63

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 04:35:35 PM »

It could be Noheroicsplease. Funnily enough mines not so bad today. Without going into too much detail, I've had a lot of discharge too and it seems worse then so I do think it could be a spike of some sort. One of the ladies on here suggested trying aloe Vera juice and apple cider vinegar and I'm giving that a go 😊

Rosiexx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 08:48:49 PM »

Hurdity, do you think you are fatter from the Estradot? Or just from life! I feel fatter too, am wondering if it's the Estradot

I don't feel my boobs are painful, and the mirena is about 22 months old, just that the boobs are bigger. I really hate it. I'm a 32G! So, I'm narrow, and they look big. I was a DD.

Definitely not from the Estradot - I've been on it for 11 + years!! Probably life, my age, the fact that I only do 2 fitness classes per week instread of three, also I suspect testosterone - have changed type and I seem to get very hungry so I eat more but could be some change in my metabolism? I'm not prepared to have to go hungry to keep as slim as I want to be - it shouldn't be necessary. I could cut down more fat as well as carbs? It must be difficult if you are a small frame - I am 36C - I have a medium frame so broad shoulders. I would have been A or B cup without HRT - they had disappeared to nothing when I was in late peri-menopause. In my case I look better with them a bit bigger because it hides my lack of waist with boobs still bigger if I do plenty of exercise to pull in tum etc - so I'm pretty much in proportion - well as much as can be expected in mid 60's!

Not sure what you can do about this.....but hope it/they (boobs) become more comfortable soon.

Hurdity x