Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Am confused and so tired due to not sleeping  (Read 965 times)

Kimberley

Am confused and so tired due to not sleeping
« on: November 05, 2018, 07:10:22 PM »

Hi ladies I need good advice my doctor stopped my HRT because I had to have surgery and my chlostestral is high he just told me me to stop I now have hot flushes every 40/45 minutes night sweats and about three hours sleep I wake up and my heart is thumping my doctor also took me off my antidepressants due to bad press and they are not being prescribed anymore funny enough my mood is ok I tried black coshesh but it made me very irritated can anyone suggest a gel or cream low dosage I can ask my doctor for thanks for any advice am so fed up with my hair soaking and sweating only to shiver then it starts all over again

Thanks ladies  :-\

mabel64

Re: Am confused and so tired due to not sleeping
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:15:04 PM »

Hi kimberley sorry you are having a tough time, Im not very knowledgeable but I do know that with most if notall antidepressants you should come off them slowly by gradually reducing the dosage and coming off them suddenly is definitely notagood thing (i did it myself when i found i was pregnant with my last child and I had  an awful time).
I dont know much about the creanm hrts but other ladies on here with more knowledge will no doubt be able to help you with that. Hope you feel better soon xx

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:19:55 PM »

Hi Kimberley,yes the flushes & night sweats are irritating to say the least, I have a big fan by my bed & that really helps,you soon get used to throwing off & on the duvet,not sure anything herbal helps,I tried sage for a while,thought it was helping but the flushes & sweats slowly crept back.
I'm afraid I have no faith in drs anymore,they seem to stick to the manual & don't really listen to us women who know our bodies ,we're Told it's “normal “ & to not worry,I've had palpitations for years & ecg's all come back ok so I think it's all parr for the course.
Hope you feel better soon

Kimberley

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 10:07:29 AM »

Thankyou ladies for taking the time to reply am going to see my doctor and see what advice he can offer 🤨

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 08:31:15 PM »

Hi ladies I need good advice my doctor stopped my HRT because I had to have surgery and my chlostestral is high he just told me me to stop I now have hot flushes every 40/45 minutes night sweats and about three hours sleep I wake up and my heart is thumping my doctor also took me off my antidepressants due to bad press and they are not being prescribed anymore funny enough my mood is ok I tried black coshesh but it made me very irritated can anyone suggest a gel or cream low dosage I can ask my doctor for thanks for any advice am so fed up with my hair soaking and sweating only to shiver then it starts all over again

Thanks ladies  :-\

Hi Kimberley - is there any reason why you can't go back onto HRT if you were advised to stop it to have surgery and said surgery has now been carried out successfully? Tell us a bit more about yourself ie how old and what your periods were doing before surgery or HRT and also if you feel like sharing what the surgery was for?

There is really no need to suffer. If you cannot take HRT due to having had breast cancer for example then there are certain anti-depressants which may work for hot flushes and can be prescribed to women in your position. I will post the details if this applies to you. However if you have no contra-indications to HRT then there should be no reason not to start HRT again (rather than ADs) as this is the first line of treatment for menopausal symptoms.

Not sure what cholesterol has to do with it anyway! Have you had a Q risk thingy done and have you been advised to take medication for the raised Ch?

If you tell us a bit more we can advise accordingly.

Hurdity x