Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Happy?  (Read 1449 times)

mabel64

Happy?
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:23:28 AM »

Morning ladies. Im feeling so low. I only seem to have negative emotions at the moment...the best it gets is a flat bleughhh, more often crying and feeling like there is no point in being here. Im on femoston 2/10 and citalopram 20mg. Many visits to gp and am now waiting for an appointment at the hospital with someone who the gp said is clued up with menopause.  Just feel like this is never going to get better

Pmj 28

Re: Happy?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 09:36:10 AM »

I know what you mean I have been preimenapause for 4 years just when you think you are doing ok something else happens. We have a menopause clinic but the doctor won't send me , she said it what she does but told me that ladies in the past had to manage with out hrt and that I was better on herbal tablets.
I went to another doctor and he gave me hrt .As was having side effects on the ones I was on
Take care

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 11:26:35 AM »

Which bits of menopause don't GPs/Medics get  :bang: :bang:  it isn't about hot flushes but the whole gamet of symptoms.

I plan half a day ahead.  When I feel well I stand and enjoy the feelings.

Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary, some find it useful to chart medications and feelings.

HORMONES  >:(

BlueButterfly

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 03:45:32 PM »

How long have you been on HRT and the citalopram?

Hubby took citalopram for severe depression years ago. It helped, quite a bit....but for him, unfortunately, feeling flat was an almost constant for him. But that was an improvement and he was too stubborn to try anything else so just stuck with it. The flat feeling went away when he was finally able to get off them.

I'm not saying that to scare you or anything....just that sometimes, certain ADs can make people feel that way and its just because it isn't the right one. However, if you've only been on it a short time, you might need longer to adjust.

Which bits of menopause don't GPs/Medics get  :bang: :bang:  it isn't about hot flushes but the whole gamet of symptoms.

HORMONES  >:(
Sadly, that's the common theme everywhere. A quick google search of meno symptoms pulls up most sites listing hot flushes and vaginal dryness as the first symptoms. Very few sites pulling up the anxiety, gut issues, etc and rarely even talks about those of us that lose weight initially, usually the anxiety but still. You would hope the doctors would be more knowledgeable than a quick google search but sadly, they seem to just look for the common symptoms as well. So we suffer unnecessarily because they don't have a clue.  >:( Women's issues have been ignored or brushed off for far too long in the medical world.

mabel64

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 05:55:57 PM »

Hi thank you for your replies.  Bluebutterfly Ive been on citalopram for probably around 10 years, other ADs for years before that, all I know is theyre not working coz I feel so c***...but scared to come off them because if I get any lower I dont know what Ill do

BlueButterfly

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »

I hope you can get the HRT right for you because sounds like hormones are playing more of a reason in how you are feeling than anything the ADs could fix. Could stay on them until you can feel the hrt working, then try to slowly taper off the ADs.

Kimberley

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 07:13:25 PM »

Hi am so sorry you feel so low it sucks I hope you start to feel better soon may I ask is femoston an HRT I heard it was a good one I try to knit to distract my mind nothing too elaborate just simple stuff or read I never sleep more than three hours and feel like screaming sending you a big hug 🤗

mabel64

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 08:04:45 PM »

I hope so too bb, have tried patches but couldnt get them to stay on, then was on femoston 1/10 increased to 2/10. It helps with the muscle and joint aches somewhat but emotionally Im all over the place. Sometimes I just feel mehhh about everything, othertimes I just cry and cryand dont see the point in anything. Obviously low mood has always been an issue for me, severe pms and had postnatal depression, so I suppose menopause was never going to be a walk in the park.

Thanks for the virtual hug Kimberly,  yes femoston is hrt and from what Ive picked up onhere it is one that suits many women, unfortunatelyI dont know if its the right one for me xx

BlueButterfly

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 09:01:20 PM »

Maybe you would do better with a gel??

Or the progestin might not be agreeing with you. I get on better with levonorgestrel for the progestin and I believe that's what is released with the Mirena. Some women find they are progesterone intolerant as well.

I've always had issues with hormones so it doesn't surprise me to be having issues now either. I do hope you can find what works but know it really takes some time to find the right fit. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 10:18:22 PM »

Mabel.  Time to discuss your dosage?   When I get low for more than 3 mornings in a row I up my dosage.  With my GPs' agreement, saves me having to trot to the Surgery simply for him to give me the nod.  After 5-9 days my mood improves so I can go back to my maintenance dose.