Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vitamin D3  (Read 1024 times)

Angel1964

Vitamin D3
« on: November 04, 2018, 11:35:02 AM »

Hi what strength Vitamin D3 is recommended at postmenopause please? I take 50mcg and use magnesium oil spray, but I'm thinking I'm maybe not having enough vitamin D3 I have read that it can exacerbate menopause symptoms and anxiety if not taking enough

Salad

Re: Vitamin D3
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 12:07:48 PM »

Hi  :)

I agree with Sparkle's suggestion of getting your level checked so you can supplement accordingly.

If your levels are in the optimal range then D3 1000 iu might be enough for you.  If you've had a deficiency or are low then more is needed, along with the co factors (Sparkle mentions).

EnglishRose

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 12:46:41 PM »

I take D3 drops with K2
K2 is important when using D as it helps the body breakdown the D3 sending it to the bones
I use 5000 a day
Last test I was 82 which is within the new normal range

BlueButterfly

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 02:05:58 PM »

I take 5000iu daily during the cooler months. I get seasonal depression and the only time my levels have tested low is during those months. Warmer months, I am out in the sun any chance I get and my levels are good.

It really depends on your current levels and also how well your body absorbs the supplement too. A friend has to take very large amounts just to get her blood levels somewhat decent.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 07:16:03 PM »

D3 10000 iu is enough for me prescribed after blood tests 15 months ago.  I stopped after 3 months as I felt well again, my energy levels returned.  I have started them again this week.