Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Morning Anxiety  (Read 3907 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Morning Anxiety
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 02:49:33 PM »

It's probably cortisol, the waking up hormone. All natural! but the effects can be dreadful.  I would wake suddenly anytime after 3.0 p.m. shaking and feeling deeply afraid.  Add to that phobic anxiety and depression  :'(

Don't go paying for any blood tests.  How is your diet overall, sometimes when the body is hungry in the early hours it reacts - I have to eat every 3 hours 24/7 including in the night!

aspie65

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 04:16:35 PM »

I agree with CKLD it is cortisol.  Keeping blood sugar levels under control is important but you may need to do more than that.  I have found a drug called pregabalin has helped me enormously (HRT wasn't enough on it's own for me).  It is safe to take long term and is well tolerated in most people.  It works by calming our parasympathetic nervous system and that will get to the root of the cortisol surge in the morning.  If you want to know more feel free to DM me.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »

Tnx aspie65 - wish I had been aware of that in the 1990s  :'(

Dierdre

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2018, 07:54:54 PM »

Hopefully now you're back on HRT you will see an improvement but if Femseven is not enough  it sounds like there are other options you can try.  It was mentioned on other posts Femseven is low on stock so you may need to try an alternative anyway that suits your needs better.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2018, 08:43:52 PM »

Hopefully this will be sorted as I remember how awful the early morning waking was  :'(

Angel1964

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 10:51:53 AM »

Thanks again Ladies. I had a better day yesterday. Went to work which has been very hit and miss since June. Patch is in place and will change Thursday.  Bad day today. My mind won't stop worrying that something else is wrong with me.  Hospital on Monday said all is fine. ECG was fine they listened to heart and lungs. All bloods fine at obs.BP was through the roof initially but then dropped to 143/85 and they said not concerned.  Told me I had gastritis and it's common with menopause.  I done some housework today and I felt breathless, heart pumping so that has made me panic again!  I don't exercise as I'm so worn out and anxiety kicks in  if I have to go in shops or think about getting  on a bus etc. At doctors on Thursday she had no concerns either.  My partner does not understand why I feel so ill and anxious each day which doesn't help as I try and hide it all. He says there's nothing wrong as hospital on several occasions have told me that.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 12:43:16 PM »

Definitely print out the Advice for husbands and give it to your partner to read. We really do feel absolutely awful during this time.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2018, 01:25:25 PM »

You tell us why you don't believe the medics?  Some feel that it would be better to have 'something' that justifies how they are feeling so that they can be treated.  After I finished cancer treatment I felt bereft as the appts. stopped  ::) and it took some adjusting to.

I found keeping a list of things to do, written each evening, helped as I could see what I had actually achieved the next day.

Bluebell

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2018, 07:57:55 PM »

No Taz2 I'm not on HRT. I tried it last year but it gave me insomnia and even more anxiety.
I've tried taking magnesium etc. But I think I just have to ride it out. I'm five years post menopause so surely it's coming to an end. 😬

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2018, 08:38:44 PM »

I just wondered as HRT stopped that morning sweat/anxiety for me. Such a horrible way to start each day. Although you are post meno the oestrogen level continues to drop and, for me at least, it was the low oestrogen causing the problem. Which types of HRT did you try?

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2018, 11:30:23 AM »

No need to 'ride it out' unless symptoms are tolerable  ;)

Angel1964

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 11:38:36 AM »

Had a good day Saturday. Woke up the same but it eased during day. Sunday horrendous awake at 5am fast heart all day. And again last night awake at 4 this morning, sweating, nauseous, vibrating, it's still going on now at work. Been on the patches since Thursday.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 11:44:56 AM »

Would you consider a beta-blocka.  I take Propranolol at night to ease those early morning anxiety surges.

Angel1964

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 11:51:26 AM »

Would you consider a beta-blocka.  I take Propranolol at night to ease those early morning anxiety surges.

I have a real bad phobia of tablets due to having anaphylactic shock years ago :(

SueLW

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »

I did post quite a detailed response about this on page 1.  It tells you how to start trying to help yourself out of adrenal cortisol issues.  Please do go and read it and put the simple things into action.  It will help in time.  I would ask your GP for a morning cortisol test just to rule out serious adrenal issues, but you can start the recovery steps before that is done anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3