Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Going to docs re hrt , I think I need a higher dose ....or something different ?  (Read 820 times)

lemondrop

Hi ladies ,
Am seeing gp on weds to review hrt . I have been on evorel conti for 9 ish weeks . Although there has been some improvement ( sleeping better and some of the brain fog has lifted ) am still getting flushes esp. evening / nighttime , and memory issues ( will do something and then forget almost straight away as if absent minded ? only at home tho funny enough? So far ) and anxiety and mood swings . Although I have had some almost " normal " days , it still up and down .

Is this normal at this stage ? Or do I ask for higher dose of estrogen ? I haven't had any bleeding or spotting or boob soreness which kind of makes me think it's not
strong enough .

Any advice appreciated.Feel as if I'm going senile some days and am over it xxxx

Dancinggirl

I assume you are the Evorel patches? These are medium dose so should be ok. If you started with slow iestwgn level
Then it can take time to build and do it's magic. If you wanted a higher dose then you might have to consider a regime with seperate oestrogen and progesterone which can be a hassle and in a conti regime might cause some problematic bleeding.
You have only been on hrt for 9 weeks so it is early days - I think you need to give things a bit longer to settle and work it's magic.
Why not consider having a Mirena fitted and then have Oestrogel, which you apply daily, as this allows you to adjust dose gradually till you find the dose that works best. DG x

Hurdity

Hi there - it could be the continuous progestogen in the Evorel conti that also may give you ongoing symptoms - it has this effect on some women. If it doesn't improve then go with Dancinggirl's suggestions which will enable you to have oestrogen only parts of the month as well as increasing your oestrogen dose - so that you can work out what's happening. First stop would be Evorel sequi to see if your symptoms lift on the Evorel 50 part of the HRT and then separates.

Hurdity x