Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Menopace plus  (Read 1380 times)

Pmj 28

Menopace plus
« on: November 05, 2018, 07:51:15 AM »

Hi ladies just wondering if you can take menopace plus with hrt . I had to come off hrt upset my stomach went on menopace plus for a month but started to feel ill again and put me on a different hrt
I have some of the menopace plus left did not know if it would ok to take
Thank you

Dancinggirl

Re: Menopace plus
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:10:51 AM »

Menopace Plus is just a vitamin and mineral supplement with isoflavines I believe - so this will not interfere with HRT.
Using HRT in pill form can give an upset stomach or digestive issues but digestive problems often emerge when the meno hits anyway. Vitamin supplements can also upset the stomach.   There is some research that shows that ‘some' women find that flushes reduce when taking isoflavines(phytoestrogens) and I understand there are some benefits for the bones and heart but whether phytoestrogens interfere with HRT I'm not sure.
If you know you diet isn't good or you are having food absorption problems that some vitamin and mineral supplements can be a good idea but can never replace a good diet. It is however sensible to take vitamin D3 in winter and, unless you eat enough oily fish and nuts, then omega 3 and magnesium supplements could also be helpful. It is very important to have enough calcium in our diet each day as well for our bones.
When you say you started to feel ill and they put you on a different hrt, what symptoms were you getting and what type of HRT are you now using?  DG x

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:17:21 AM »

I was having lower back pain and stomach ache, some times constipated and diarrhea I was on femoston 2/10 now doctors have put me on Elleste Duet 1mg I am 4 years preimenapause
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:21:46 AM by Pmj 28 »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 10:02:32 AM »

It is trial and error with HRT, however you would probably do better with transdermal HRT.   See how the Elleste goes. HRT can help with digestive issues but it won't solve everything.  What menopause symptoms are you trying to control?

The cramps are common on any HRT and can subside as the body settles on the hormones.  You do need to give any HRT at least 3 months to settle.

A good balanced diet with plenty of fibre should help everything.  Do cut out as much sugar as possible and eat enough fruit and vegetables and wholemeal grains.  Exercise is also key to getting the digestive system working well - good brisk walks, dance classes etc are all needed when meno hits.  Hope things settle for you soon. DG  x