Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Diabetes  (Read 1626 times)

Katty

Diabetes
« on: September 21, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »

I went for a blood sugar check today. I had it 2 hours after having a bowl of cereal for breakfast and it was 6.9. They said it was on the high side so I am going back for a fasting test in the morning. I thought anything under 7 was fine. Does anyone else know anything about my level and whether it's ok?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Diabetes
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:09:13 PM »

Better to be checked.  My blood sugar is always a little raised [for over 20 years] but I don't have any particular symptoms.

Let us know how you get on!

Katty

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 09:32:46 AM »

Fasting rate taken today was 5.7. I've been told that puts me in pre diabetes range although I know that seems to be a controversial thing as people dispute the notion of pre diabetes. I have been referred to the doctor as check was done at a pharmacy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 03:05:58 PM »

Have a look see at the Diabetes advice on the net, either the NHS advice or one of the support groups .

Annika

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 02:31:30 PM »

My husband  has diabetes and he tries to keep his blood sugar around 125 or lower. A reading of 5.6 to 7 is considered prediabetic (100 to 125) anything above 7 (126) is considered type 2 diabetes and that's when you are tested before eating. Losing weight even a few pounds or exercise can reduce it big time before it becomes full blown diabetes.

Roseneath

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 03:10:22 PM »

I have found when I am anxious or have had a bad nights sleep my glucose readings go up. I have had them retested several times in the last few years whilst in Peri.  I tend to go to the GP when I am at the end of my tether with worry about something, they do the blood test. Glucose is borderline.  I go back two weeks later after better sleep and hormones not as crazy, reads normal.   I guess getting a consistent reading over time is key.

Freckles1971

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 11:45:59 PM »

I had two blood tests for diabetes(Type 2.),and I am now on metformin tablets 500mg twice a day,going up to three times a day next week.  Will I still be able to get HRT?