Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Totally fed up with my life again  (Read 1048 times)

Dee46

Totally fed up with my life again
« on: November 06, 2018, 12:34:47 PM »

Havent been on the forum for a while, but changed from Evorel 100 to Estradot 100 back in August after feeling really rough & have done for the last 3.5 years, I am also on Utrogestan 100 & started taking vaginally last month (orally before that), last month & yesterday on Day 10 of Utrogestan I have been really emotional & sobbing uncontrollably, I am just wondering if the progesterone part is not working for me this way? Should I be consulting in GP again – not that they are much help I have to tell them how to spell the HRT I require!!

In fact I don't feel great on HRT at all, I am very up & down today I feel depressed have a banging head & just want to sleep, anxiety is also my worst symptom & I just like most of the women on here want to feel happy & normal again  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Totally fed up with my life again
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 12:37:43 PM »

:bighug: many ladies find progesterone difficult to tolerate at this time of Life. 

What are you doing about your depression?

Dee46

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 01:42:45 PM »

I dont feel that great on the oestrogen part either, but I have been finding that I am not to bad on the progesterone part until like day 8 or 9 then I become the bitch from hell & then sobbing like last night

I have been on different AD's & none of them suit, make me worse so just dealing with the depression part as I know it will pass

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 02:41:23 PM »

If you can cope with the depression then what would you like to cut out?  Think why you were prescribed HRT initially?  Keep a mood/food/symptom diary, it might be of use.

Milamam

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »

Hi Dee,
I know we have communicated before when both you and I were trialling HRT.
I actually gave up this spring, after a major breakdown (insomnia, panick attacks, shaky, not myself). After being on Femoston 2/10 for almost 3 years, then I tried 50mcg patch and Utrogestan vaginally for 12 day/month. This didn't work. I got so bad depression on the Utrogestan  that I just stopped. Tried patch and dydrogesterone ( same as in Femoston) but no significant improvement. I guess I was looking at a quick fix and HRT, sadly, does not provide such - at least not while you are peri-meno as you hormones fluctuate so much on top of HRT.

At scans my edrometrium measured thick. I gave up on HRT until - this is what I think - I am really low on estrogen and my periods are way further apart. Now I have skipped a month or so, and my last bleed was 45 days from the previous one, and very very light.. I have concluded I still produce some estrogen, sometimes too much, really, and I don't want to top that up. My boobs frequently swell, I have gained some weight, I have mucus around ovulation. Clear signs that estrogen at this point is not needed.

Instead, I was started at a very low dose of Mirtazapine in August. I know this is a atypical AD and not the first line to treat symptoms - but! From day 1 I stopped shaking. I slept 10 hrs straight! I wake up and am able to go on with my day. I couldn't achieve this with any type of HRT I tried. I plan to stay with mirt (15mg/night) for as much as I need to.
No side effects except slight sleepiness in the am during the first week. And yes, I gained 2 kg for 3 months but anxiety and nausea had made me too thin so that was welcomed. Mirt stopped the early morning nausea, and surprisingly, the night sweats . I may be not going in the right direction but this coping strategy works for me for now. I so hope it will continue to!

I hope you will be able to find your own balance.  Don't discard all treatments that are available out there. It took me months to accept that I need help with a medication that will allow me to function. I am so cautious about meds in general - I read everything, I compare and look for possible interractions, I am so bad at this. But needs first! It was either decide to take something or my family would have gotten awol.

I hope I am helpful! Big hugs from me !
Milamam