Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10  (Read 1582 times)

pamb

Femoston 2/10
« on: October 27, 2018, 07:41:15 AM »

Hi ladies

Quick question.   Is the amount  of oestrogen in Evorel 50 equivalent to the amount of oestrogen in Femoston 2/10?

Many thanks

pamb x

Dancinggirl

Re: Femoston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 07:43:26 AM »

That's a very difficult question. I'd say that Evorel 50 is medium to low dose but the Femoston 2/10 is high dose. DG x

pamb

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 12:08:56 PM »

Thanks Dancinggirl

I'm going to GP next week to see if I  can change from Evorel patch to pill as patch is giving me a rash.  Maybe I  should try Femoston 1/10 first although I'm starting to get a few flushes and sweats on the Evorel now which I  wasn't initially.

I'm on Provera progestogen as well as I thought the rash may have been from the norethisterone in the Evorel sequi but obviously not as the rash hasn't subsidised.  I'm  finding this a better prog with fewer PMT side effects so if the GP doesn't prescribe Femoston because of cost, do you think a separate oestrogen pill (can't  remember the brand names of the oestrogen only pills which I shall look up in Treatments) would be okay with the Provera?

pamb x

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 08:24:36 AM »

Hi,

if you start on 1/10 and then if not enough you can ask for zumenon which is the estrogen part of Femosten and add half a tablet every other day ( you can buy a tablet cutter and add estogen gradually until you get to a comfortable level. I do this supported by my GP.

Pepperminty x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 10:09:48 AM »

pamb - Evorel patches and Provera pills together cost more than Femoston, so I expect your GP will be happy to prescribe this.

If you look under TREATMENTS on this site you see the various HRT options and their cost. DG x

pamb

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 01:11:44 PM »

Thanks for the replies  pepperminty and Dancinggirl.

The GP has prescribed Femoston  1/10 to see how I get on and said I could increase  the dose of necessary.  Thanks for the tip about increasing the dose gradually with a half dose of estradoil pepperminty.

Hopefully this should  solve the rash problem, but if not I'll have to get it investigated further.

Thanks again

pamb  x

pepperminty

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »

No probs good luck

Pepperminty x