Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling so ill  (Read 4378 times)

Ladybt28

Re: Feeling so ill
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 03:08:05 PM »

Hi Angel1964 - sorry to bombard you with questions but the history is important to take into account - what made you stop the patches after 16 weeks?  Were you on anything before that?
If you were not on anything before that - what made you start the femoston?

If you were totally new on HRT when you started the femoston 16 weeks was pretty much settling in period.  I found when I just stopped my hrt for 4 months (which I had to suddenly because I ended up in hospital) the "withdrawal" symptoms were pretty dramatic for me.  The body takes a while to adjust and settle onto hrt right at the beginning or when changing regimes but the fall out when you stop comes much quicker for some women!

Angel1964

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 04:38:11 PM »

Hi Angel1964 - sorry to bombard you with questions but the history is important to take into account - what made you stop the patches after 16 weeks?  Were you on anything before that?
If you were not on anything before that - what made you start the femoston?

If you were totally new on HRT when you started the femoston 16 weeks was pretty much settling in period.  I found when I just stopped my hrt for 4 months (which I had to suddenly because I ended up in hospital) the "withdrawal" symptoms were pretty dramatic for me.  The body takes a while to adjust and settle onto hrt right at the beginning or when changing regimes but the fall out when you stop comes much quicker for some women!

Hi Ladybt28 doc said come off as unsure whether it was helping anxiety. Was on hrt Sequi at peri then on mini pill after. Came off Mini pill over 3 years ago and gradually anxiety had increased. Doc wants me to go on Citalopram but I'm sure this is all lack of hormones. I now feel so jittery, nauseous, waking at 5,am every morning sweating and can't sleep. And the anxiety/jitters/shakes stays until later tonight. Then I want to sleep around 8/9pm but darent as will wake earlier than 5am.

SueLW

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 05:01:44 PM »

I've been following your situation.  It really does sound like the lack of oestrogen is really upsetting your body and brain.  If you still have some patches, why not put one on and see how you feel?  If you improve, keep going.  Give it at least 3 months to get used to the patch.  If there are symptoms with it that you don't like, you can change to a different HRT.  But just going without doesn't seem to be doing you much good right now.

Ladybt28

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 05:07:10 PM »

Yep that all sounds very familiar - I don't hesitate to bet that it's your hormones or lack of them. Dancingqueen and Jillydolls stories kind of support that.  The issue is that some hrt can exacerbate that anxious feeling or not diminish it - you have to find the right one for you.  As I said I was certifiable in another post on Provera (I knew it wasn't the Premarin because that is the oestrogen in PrempackC - now discontinued which I had had before).  My anxiety, panic, nausea all disappeared on Oestrogel and Utrogestan but I haven't nailed the lethargy, motivation or problems I get with progesterone generally..yet!  I have a plan though!

I personally would say get back on hrt Dr's (especially men) really have no real idea just what an impact hormones can have on anxiety in menopausal women, they seem to think it is all about hot flushes and dry bits! - but you will have to wait for it to settle - patches probably a good way to if you think they are ok get back on the Femseven Conti (what do you have to lose and it will give you an idea of whether they were working before you gave them up - a bit like a before and after) or go and ask for another type of regime that you feel may help from what you have read here.

Angel1964

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 05:27:23 PM »

Thank you ladies. I appreciate so much your comments and advice. Much better than any doctor.  I have stuck a patch on, hopefully it will kick in soon, as I feel like I'm going insane with these symptoms. Not going to start the Citalopram as don't really want to anyway. Xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 05:31:00 PM »

Don't get to hung up on the "soon" bit - your body is a bit confused but I really hope that you start to feel better... week or so maybe? if sooner all well and good!  Keep posting and tell us what's happening  :great:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 05:38:45 PM »

However: if hormone therapy doesn't ease your anxiety ..........  :-\

How's your diet overall?  If the body is hungry it can cause anxiety surges  >:( !  Also, that cortisol burst early in the morning floored me ........ even though I knew what was causing the deep fear it didn't help as the surges were B4 I woke  :'(

Ladybt28

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 05:47:10 PM »

Yep -  if the hormone therapy doesn't work you have a stash of citalopram on hand if you need it.  One way or another, you'll find what you need.

Angel1964

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 05:50:21 PM »

Thanks again Ladies. I will keep you posted.  One more question is it normal to feel so nauseous, washed out, jitter, racing heart at post menopause? I am a worrier :(

Dotty

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 05:59:51 PM »

Yes that’s just how I felt. The nausea was horrendous all day and all night . I was shaky and jittery and felt really ill. The exhaustion was horrendous too. I couldn’t do anything around the house as I couldn’t stand up for longer than about 30 seconds. I gave up driving and didn’t go out of the house for months. The correct dose of oestrogen put everything right x
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:01:42 PM by Dotty »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 06:01:27 PM »

Yep.  HORMONES  >:(. I would have nausea and dreadful period pains with clotting ........ I would feel light headed. 

Washed out at times.  Crashing fatigue.  That's why it's known as The Change ........

Ladybt28

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 06:08:14 PM »

What was the correct dose of oestrogen for you dotty?

Dotty

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »

Hi Ladybt.... 4 pumps of Oestrogel , Utrogestan and Testosterone.

I was on Kliovance for 4 weeks ( did nothing) Then Elleste Duet Conti for 12 weeks ( no improvement). Started on 2 pumps of Oestrogel and very quickly went to 3 and then 3.5 pumps. I had some improvement but not much . Went up to 4 pumps and began to improve although it did take about 3 months. X
Pages: 1 [2]