Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Not feeling good  (Read 2242 times)

Pmj 28

Not feeling good
« on: October 31, 2018, 09:42:37 AM »

Hi ladies not feeling that good had to come off hrt beauces of stomach problem 3 weeks ago been taken menopace plus but now just feel unwell , I have just Finnish a period 10 days late on for 3 days it was light not much blood
Don't know if that is why I feel like i do or beauces of not having hrt. I have headache jonts ache feel a bit nervous

SueLW

Re: Not feeling good
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 09:56:38 AM »

Your symptoms sound like those we get when our oestrogen levels drop.

Could you not try transdermal HRT such as a patch or gel?  And use Utrogestan vaginally or have a Mirena coil fitted.  These methods avoid the stomach completely.

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 10:12:45 AM »

Hi my doctor is not that keen on hrt, told me that ladies in the past had to manage with out hrt and the other doctors do not no what they are doing
Don't want to go back as I feel rubbish when been

SueLW

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 10:31:31 AM »

Bloody hell! 

If he were my doctor I would report him.  That's ludicrous and down right cruel.  And completely sexist.  Men get by without half of this trouble but then declare that women should suffer!

100 years ago the average age of menopause was 57 and the average age of death for women was 59.  Tell me how that is managing without anything.  Our average age of menopause now is 51 and we can easily live for 30 more years deprived of oestrogen to keep our bones, hearts, skin and joints healthy. 

You are going to have to take matters into your own hands I'm afraid.  First learn.  Then find either a different GP at the practice to go and talk to or a different practice.  I am blown away by his heartless, idiotic and ignorant cruelty.

The website newsonhealth.co.uk is full of excellent advice and information.  Go and devour it and watch the videos.  If you live within travelling distance of Stratford upon Avon, although the clinic is fully booked at present, the nurse practitioner (who I have met and is very good) is running a menopause awareness session on 9th November.  You would be able to ask lots of questions and come away armed with information and a good idea of what you want to ask for.  Any GP is best seen with you already knowing what you want and just insisting (nicely) on getting it.

Goodness, your doctor has made me so angry this morning.  I feel so sorry for you.

Rosie63

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »

Hi Pmj 28. I agree totally with all that SueLW has said below.  I had exactly the same thing said to me by a gynae some years ago and that was a woman.  Telling me that other women go through menopause without any help. Well good for them but as we know, not all women are lucky enough to have a trouble free menopause journey. I have been trying to come off HRT very the last few weeks because of the stomach issues I was having from taking it but I have had to start again because of the awful meno symptoms I was getting. I have realised and think I'm right in thinking that if you need oestrogen, you need it, and the best way to replace it is with HRT. The last thing you need when you're feeling so poorly is someone telling you you can't have the very thing that could make you feel better.  I was getting exactly the same symptoms you have described when I stopped the HRT so I would say it is low oestrogen that's making you fill that way. I whacked a patch and half of estradot on last night and already starting to feel better.  If stomach starts playing up, I will try to deal with that separately.

Try to find the energy to fight for what you need and as Sue says, if this means changing your GP then so be it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Rosie63 xx

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 11:29:01 AM »

I totally agree with Sue and Rosie xx

Pmj 28

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 12:41:05 PM »

Thank you ladies just get so fed up of it all just when you think you are doing ok something else happens
It was a lady doctor she said it better having herbal tablets than putting toxins in your body and that hrt were only for hot flushes Ask about going to a menopause clinic but she said that is what she does!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:01:58 PM by Pmj 28 »

SueLW

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 01:10:32 PM »

She's awful.  It's even worse that she's a woman and she's talking such complete and utter bollocks!  I could sort of excuse an ignorant old male GP, but never a woman.

She certainly isn't a menopause GP by any stretch of the imagination.  Herbal bloody teas!  What planet it she living on?!  She must have brain fog.  She's so ill-informed it's painful.  She should be reported.

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 01:46:35 PM »

Hi my doctor is not that keen on hrt, told me that ladies in the past had to manage with out hrt and the other doctors do not no what they are doing
Don't want to go back as I feel rubbish when been
The new book which I am now reading supports use of HRT for many different reasons. These include reducing risk of Alzheimers, hip fractures and heart conditions provided that you start to take if within 10 years of starting meno/you are under about 60. It is written by a medical oncologist. I got a similar response from my GP practice several years ago.

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 02:28:32 PM »

Hrt is not a toxin and it's not only for hot flushes. See another doctor x

Ladybt28

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 04:44:41 PM »

Totally and utterly appalling treatment by both those GP's.  Must live in the middle ages!  Where about in the country do you live? - sounds like something someone here in Northern Ireland would say although neither of my GP's have ever been that bad!  There is hope - not every GP is that stupid.   I have to say they can be fairly dim but that's exceptional.  Don't let them drag you down and like SueLW says take matters into your own hands.  By the time us menopausal women have done with our reading of books articles and posts from on here I reckon we could put all the so called experts to shame!

Sounds like you had the wrong hrt for you - some do give stomach problems if they are tablets.  Patches don't have the same problem or gel.  First things first.. you need to find a Dr in the practice that isn't a pr..tt and then get referred to nearest meno clinic!
But keep posting here - no reason why you should feel rubbish because some Dr hasnt a clue! :foryou: :foryou:

Pmj 28

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 06:13:49 PM »

Thank you ladybt28 I live in east Yorkshire
Going to give doctors a ring tomorrow and see if they can give me something instead of going in . I have been in preimenapause for 4 years
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 06:16:25 PM by Pmj 28 »

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 08:34:33 PM »

Everything everyone else has said!!!! :great:

We're all rooting for you....if we can help any more let us know. Please don't give up - life is too short. There is so much living to be done and there is no point living it miserably when help is at hand. I am in mid 60's and have been on HRT for 11 + years. It has enabled me to live a full life and still does. Don't be fobbed off! It is appalling that appropriate and recommended treatment depends on where you live and which surgery you attend....

Hurdity x

Pmj 28

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 05:50:42 PM »

Hi ladies just come back from the doctors  he gave me Elleste Duet 1 mg hoping I will be ok on them,

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 05:58:30 PM »

Was it the same GP 2-day?  Let us know how you get on!

Herbals aren't toxic then .............

that ladies in the past had to manage with out hrt and . we are so shocked at such remarks when in Surgery that we rarely have a retort but I want to shout: Which part of 'the past' are we living in? 

the other doctors do not know what they are doing - that is something that I would put into writing to the Practice Manager.  I would say to that GP "Prove it!". 

It is as mentioned appalling and obviously the message still ain't getting through.  We do not need GPs - wonder how much they know about any other illnesses that they get confronted with daily?  I think that they both need a copy of The Book!  I would also be sending names to Dr Currie on here, I'm sure she could compile a 'must go and visit' list across the UK by now!  I think that responses as you have been given are medically negligent but I know how the medical profession closes ranks when challenged  :'(

Oh I do hope that her time will come  :D
Pages: [1] 2