Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi - change in periods?  (Read 1005 times)

Mandy-Joe

Evorel Sequi - change in periods?
« on: October 25, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice please?

I'm 53, and have been on evorel sequi for 18 months, prior to that my periods were extremely irregular for a few years, I sometimes went as long as 9 months without one.  My meno symptoms were horrific and evorel sequi was genuinely life changing.

For the first year or so, my period would start like clockwork on day 3 of a new pack, be perfectly normal and last 2-3 days.  The last few months however, I've started a week into the conti patches, been very light, but gone on for almost a fortnight...very annoying!

Can this happen, or is it something I should checkout with my GP?
Does it possibly mean that I should change to conti now?

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Mandy x

Mandy-Joe

Re: Evorel Sequi - change in periods?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 06:52:16 AM »

Sorry to bump this up, but I was really hoping someone might have some advice.

Thanks for reading  :)

KatyB

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »

Hi Mandy-Joe, I'm no expert but I'd be a bit surprised at this level of change unless you've just changed from the sequential regime of sequi patches (2 weeks oestrogen only, 2 weeks of both oestrogen and progesterone) to the continual regime (all weeks mixture of both hormones). If you've just made that change then it could just be a matter of getting used to the steady level, I'm at that stage myself and having longer bleeds than normal for me on sequi. But if you are on the same regime it could be either that your perimenopause hormones are playing up (its been known to happen) or perhaps that you should get it checked out, just in case its fibroids or similar. Didn't want to leave you any longer with no responses, but I would say don't worry too much - thats another one of the symptoms of course.......but if you can't think of a good reason and its a change of bleeding pattern I'd get it checked for the reassurance.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 08:45:19 AM »

Hi Mandy-Joe

One explanation could also be that the Evorel conti is thinning your womb lining excessively causing bleeding although I'm not sure if or how often this would occur with cyclical HRT - usually would happen with continuous combined HRT?

Depending on how concerned you are - maybe see what happens next month and if the same then go to your doc, but up to you really? As KatyB says - no harm in getting it checked out - but it doesn't mean you have to stop HRT - you can still have a scan etc while taking it.

Hurdity x