Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: True Scary Stories for Halloween.  (Read 3063 times)

honeybun

True Scary Stories for Halloween.
« on: October 19, 2013, 06:46:44 PM »

I have had a few unexplained things happen over the years that have no rhyme or reason.

Anyone got any good creepy Halloween happenings.

:bat: :bat: :bat:

Honeyb
X

Joyce

Re: True Scary Stories for Halloween.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 07:42:32 PM »

I've had weird things happen, but not necessarily at Halloween. Well apart from once in my teens.  Doing all the daft things you do. But the most scary involved a Ouija board. Scared the living daylights out of all of us.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 07:48:56 PM »

Tell all please and then I will tell mine.

:bat:

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »

Nope.  Takes each day as it arrives  ;)

Plenty of co-incidences but can't remember any  ::)

If I think about someone not seen for years and years and: within 48 hours they phone or are on the doorstep .........

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 08:26:13 PM »

Most people have had something in the past that can't be explained.

Just wondered.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 09:43:30 PM »

Halloween early 70's. Group of 4 of us in friend's bedroom. Switched lights off and did the one where you look in a mirror by candle light & your betrothed should appear over your shoulder in the mirror. Nowt. Then the ouija board. We were all being silly, as you do.   Nothing was happening, then it "spelled" out name of one of the girls grandmothers. The rest of us didn't know her name, so wasn't us. She panicked & we stopped immediately. However, a few minutes later one girl was taking a tray of glasses downstairs, tripped & slid all the way down to bottom of stairs & not one glass broke!

Another, which has nothing to do with Halloween. We used to make many trips down to see my mum after we moved up here. Every time without fail, on the way home at the same roundabout a vision of my dad would appear in the car between me & hubby. Lasted 10 secs maximum. After mum passed, never saw him again, even though we still frequently travelled same bit of road for a few more years visiting FIL. Strange?

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 09:56:31 PM »

Strange seeing your dad like that CG.

Many years ago I worked in one of the airports that are near to us. Massive place and quite creepy at night when it's empty. In those days there was a viewing platform on the top floor which was rarely used. One night about 2am three of us were in an office below the viewing platform. All was quiet as we did our paperwork. All of a sudden we all heard distinct footsteps above our heads. They were so clear. It was not a sound that could have been anything else. We checked the doors that led up but they were both locked and then we returned to the office. A short while later we heard the steps again. Now seriously freaked we called airport security. Two police came and unlocked and investigated. Seemingly it was quite common to hear the steps. The airport myth was it was a dead pilot who walked the airport at night. Not sure I believe that but I know what I heard and it put the hairs up on the back of my neck.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 07:13:13 AM »

Never told my hubby that one, he'd have had me locked up!  ;D But did speak to friends about it and one of them said similar had happened to her.

My daughter's partner's folks live in an old house. Last time they visited their house  they heard voices. Checked the kids, fine. Went back to bed & heard same noise again. It happened every night. Had the pair of them hiding under the duvet.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »

It's happened again recently: thought of someone not spoken to for 3 years and hey presto, saw her in town 2 days later.  Not close enough to speak with though  :-\

On the local Facebook pages are messages along the lines of:

Thank you to the very polite children who called at my house last night, nicely dressed and in the theme of Halloween ..... really? Is that necessary?  They might have done well with the make up etc. but it is begging with menaces ...........

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 04:31:39 PM »

Just thought I'd share mine. If that's ok....

When I was about 10/12, I was asleep in bed, and woke up to turn over,
as I turned, I opened my eyes and saw a man standing right next to my bed
kind of leaning over, looking at me. I can't describe what he looked like, or what he was wearing, as he had like a glow to him, which was purple! How bizarre is that?
I know for sure I saw him. I just know it was a man too.
Being that age, I just turned over and went back to sleep, wasn't until morning that I'd realised what I'd saw.......creepy or wot?

Also, as I shared a room with my brother at that time, he also said that one night he'd woken up and saw a man leaning over me, but this man had a white glow.
Then when my brother moved to get out of bed to come over to me/him, he just vanished.
My parents laughed at each story. They probably thought we were telling lies, or something,
but I know what I saw, and I've even told my sons about it......xx