Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Gastritis - symptoms  (Read 2682 times)

Angel1964

Gastritis - symptoms
« on: October 29, 2018, 05:41:06 PM »

Hi Ladies been feeling worse since last week. Light headed, waking up absolutely sweating, rapid heart, nausea to the point of coughing and vomiting phlegm, feeling fatigued, hoarse throat, bit short of breath and cough. Anyway felt that bad that went to walk in centre this morning convinced I had heart or lung problems. All bloods fine. ECG fine, listened to heart and lungs - all fine. See doctor on duty. Told him my symptoms and that I felt quite ill. He asked about poop, I said it had gone lighter. He asked about stomach, said it always feels tender and knotted.  He pressed on different areas of stomach and I nearly hit the roof. He said I definitely  have gastritis. He explained that the acid builds up overnight and wakes you in a bad sweat, then nausea and vomiting can start. He has put me on Omeprazole.  I could not believe that rapid heart can be caused by acid plus my other symptoms. Will see how symptoms go on the meds.

Snoooze

Re: Gastritis - symptoms
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »

Yes I had a stomach bug last week and had fast heart beat, sweating, nausea etc. It wasn't very pleasant. Hope you feel better soon.

Angel1964

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 06:05:37 PM »

Hi snooze. Gastritis is not a bug. He said it's very common in menopausal women. But the similarities are the same as involving the stomach area which they call our second brain :)  the other thing it causes is weight loss. Xx

Snoooze

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 06:53:29 PM »

I know. I was saying I experienced similar symptoms from a stomach bug!

Angel1964

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 07:39:34 PM »

Hi snooze I didnt mean to appear funny.  I put that they are so similar with involving our stomach issues with the fast heart etc :)

Angel1964

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 08:53:21 PM »

Thank you Sparkle. Xx

Ladybird 2

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 09:46:45 PM »

Dear Angel, Hope you are feeling better today & omeprazole is calming the symptoms this evening? It is truly awful when you have a flare up, frightning if you don't know what is happening! I have found for me smoked foods & butter is a trigger for me now so advoid these.
After a flare up I take omeprazole until it improves. Then marshmallow root from Holland & Barrett so soothing as an emollient it has been used for centuries for healing ulcers & inflammation, used in cough medicine to soothe irritation. I have osteoporosis so cannot take omeprazole for long so soon as  feel a bit better straight onto marshmallow.
Sometimes if you try something new to eat it may cause a flare up so do try to be careful & keep a record of what you ate to cause it. Please try to eat lots of green salad & cabbage which is anti-inflammatory I find really helps.
Do hope you improve quickly,
LB 

Suzi Q

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 04:18:33 AM »

Angel if Nexium non generic kind your taking doesnt cure it after 8 weeks
Endoscopy is the next .7 months of scans mris btesr after blood test
Decided i didnt couldnt live like this ache pain regurgitating bland foods i lodt weight even water i could regurgitate i fel nauseases 24/7 though some dont
Touch my girdle the line from one side just under the bust to the other you could peel me off the walls ive had the best of treatment all private i make no apology thats how we chose to spend our money and it also ensures our poorer bro and sis waiting list cuts down. I see same Doctor same anesthetics same norses just i can habe mine done ina couple of weeks. I lost weight untill they put me on nexium
Dont wait it can get worse i waited to long
Cos i was scared  good luck sweetie xxxxxxxxx

Angel1964

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 03:08:17 PM »

Dear Angel, Hope you are feeling better today & omeprazole is calming the symptoms this evening? It is truly awful when you have a flare up, frightning if you don't know what is happening! I have found for me smoked foods & butter is a trigger for me now so advoid these.
After a flare up I take omeprazole until it improves. Then marshmallow root from Holland & Barrett so soothing as an emollient it has been used for centuries for healing ulcers & inflammation, used in cough medicine to soothe irritation. I have osteoporosis so cannot take omeprazole for long so soon as  feel a bit better straight onto marshmallow.
Sometimes if you try something new to eat it may cause a flare up so do try to be careful & keep a record of what you ate to cause it. Please try to eat lots of green salad & cabbage which is anti-inflammatory I find really helps.
Do hope you improve quickly,
LB

Hi Ladybird. Feel dreadful today. On third omeprazole. Shaking inside, fast heart, belching, don't want to eat but have, feel weak, tired. Woke at 4am sweating buckets again and couldn't sleep again. Fed up with it all now :(

Ladybird 2

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 06:41:34 PM »

So sorry to hear there is no improvement normally the omeprazole & just white food advised by Dr for 24 hours usually helps.
Further investigations as Suzi Q suggested?
Really hope you can get some relief from this sending you healing hugs xx