Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is there a best time to take HRT and am I missing something?  (Read 886 times)

coldlittleheart

Is there a best time to take HRT and am I missing something?
« on: October 29, 2018, 04:25:43 PM »

I've posted before, I tried Kliovance a couple months ago and although it helped my mood and anxiety a lot, also helped with my sleep, hot flushes, it also made my hair fall about 3 weeks in. I asked my GP if I could try Femoston so she agreed to let me try Femoston 1/5 which is doing pretty much nothing, I have been taking it 6 and a half weeks, my hair is still shedding, my mood is still very low, sleep problems started again, and the anxiety is back full speed. Now I am getting digestive problems, heartburn, nausea.

I take it before bed, is there a better time to take it.

Is there something else I could try? I have an appointment with my GP in 2 weeks, I don't know if I should stop?

I saw about estrogel and utrogestan. Do you absolutely need to have a bleed with those transdermal/vaginal types of HRT or can you do a conti. I don't particularly want a bleed. I was told by my GP about patches, but I have allergic reactions to some adhesives. One of my main concerns is the hair loss, but also how crap I am feeling with femoston, seems it's not right for me.

SueLW

Re: Is there a best time to take HRT and am I missing something?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »

I'm using gel with Utrogestan.  I use one 100ml capsule a night and I insert it into my vagina.  This is continuous.  No breaks.

So far it's the best HRT I've tried in 3.5 years and I am starting to feel as if I'm waking up from a long sleep.

coldlittleheart

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 05:55:33 PM »

Thank you so much for replying, I thought it was a cyclic (??) form of HRT and couldn't find anywhere that said it can be used without breaks. I will ask my GP about it, I know someone else suggested that on another one of my posts, but I didn't know how I felt about having a period again.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 07:03:50 PM »

You can use it sequentially or continuously. It depends where you are in menopause x

coldlittleheart

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 08:08:26 PM »

You can use it sequentially or continuously. It depends where you are in menopause x

I had my last period about 5 years ago. So continuously would probably be best for me?