Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Early meno, would love advice  (Read 1043 times)

Sidneystar

Early meno, would love advice
« on: October 26, 2018, 01:58:10 PM »

Hello All ::)

This is my first time posting so am new too all this!...I have looked through lots of other posts to see if I could find one similar to my symptoms.
My GP told me I was in full menopause in Feb of this year, have to admitt I was a little upset & surprised at age 42 but looking back, I had symptoms that I could relate too for a few years & that would make sense now. I have been put on to Femeston 1/10 &, bit nervous of taking it but advised to protect my bones & heart etc...my main worry is this, I have in the past 6 weeks developed rapid onset of visible veins in my feet & more upsetting, my face/chin?, also alot of thread veins appearing on my face (including darker patches)legs, feet, I am fair skinned & slim build but is it possible the HRT is causing this?, I never had any up til just recent & I am getting paranoid now! Sorry to bore anyone reading this but my mother passed away last year & have no one I can ask & some times feel quite low, my GP dismissed it could be the HRT & said we all change (wish I wasnt!!  ;D)
Thank you for reading :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Early meno, would love advice
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 02:01:02 PM »

Very rarely is anyone bored on here  ;).   :welcomemm:

Maybe put the product name into the search box on here to see what pops up.  Also someone should be along to answer.

As oestrogen levels drop off so the skin may become dry: inside and out and muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

It's The Change  ::)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 04:31:45 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Sidneystar
It is advisable to use HRT if you are oestrogen deficient so young. Sometimes the body does react in strange ways at first when starting HRt - particularly if you are starting at a low oestrogen base line as you are. I haven't ever heard of the side effects you are experiencing but the visable veins etc. do happen when oestrogen levels are low as the skin becomes more fragile - I'm like a road map!!! AS the HRT works it's magic hopefully things will settle.
It is very common for women to notice all kinds of things when starting HRT as they are so anxious because of all the stupid scares in the press.
Try to relax and get on with life knowing you are doing the right thing.
Hope the Femoston suits you - keep us posted about your progress.
DG x

Sidneystar

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »

Thank you so much for your kind reply Dancinggirl xx I have been taking HRT for 10 months now & it has helped in some ways, I became extremely anxious a couple of years ago,  felt like id lost myself?! & had horrific panic attacks, heavy periods & alot of problems down below  :P & I had many trips to my GP, they put me on antidepressants but I had an allergic reaction then fast forward 3 years & I now know it was the peri back then!! I still feel cheated which sounds selfish (found out I was in menopause due to not being able to concieve & had fsh test) as theres alot of people out there with alot worse & I have started to analyse myself far to much just lately...ha, road maps sounds about right, I am beginning to look like the M25. I know its early days & reading all of others peoples posts does help so much, like your not alone... :-*

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 06:16:25 PM »

Pleased to hear the Femoston is helping.
It's tough having an early menopause - mine started in my mid 30s but I'd fortunately had my 2 children, just in time.

Try to focus on good lifestyle choices - good diet, exercise and relaxation techniques - HRt can only do so much- it won't fix everything. DG x

Sidneystar

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 06:58:16 PM »

I have thought about starting Yoga? Have started taking supplements & improved my diet...i guess some days I just think where did that youthful girl go as when I was told I was in meno I instantly felt old I am ashamed to say :-\ none of my friends are going through this & most have children...
Thank you again for your reply & taking time to read my post & have a lovely evening x

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »

Hi Sidneystar - welcome from me.

Taz x  :welcomemm: