Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is Utrogestsan Diuretic? took off HRT/Update spoke to doc  (Read 1085 times)

Pixielilac

Re: Is Utrogestsan Diuretic? Update-took off HRT
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2022, 04:23:50 PM »

I’m taking Apixaban for the blood clot, a 3 month course. I have had a look on an NHS website about it and it doesn’t say about not taking it with HRT.
I had a D-dimer blood test last Tuesday in A&E , my foot and ankle had swollen up and my calf was hot and sore, I thought it was because I had been hobbling around sort of on my heel because of the broken toe.
Then Friday I had the ultrasound which showed the blood clot.
I can’t get on with the progesterone, I was taken off it 5 years ago, and really don’t want to come off HRT for 2-3 months ☹️But if I have to, I have to.

Pixielilac

Re: Is Utrogestsan Diuretic? Update-took off HRT Update Spoke to Doc
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2022, 02:53:06 PM »

I rang the docs this morning, after arguing with receptionist that I need to speak to doc today as was told yesterday to ring today to speak to him, she booked me in for 2 weeks time, I said look I have to speak to him about other issues after more arguing she booked in me in with a nurse, because all appointments with doc had gone🤔 and he’s not in surgery this afternnon.
 So I rang DVT clinic who were not happy I had been taken off HRT, and said it’s ruiduculous I have been taken off it and fired off an email to my doctor and said if it was a woman doctor she would be more sympathetic.
 So I get the phone call an hour later from the nurse, I told her I can’t stop weeing, can’t get on with Utrogestan and was taken off it 5 years ago and worried about being taken off hrt.
 She said she will speak to my doc who rang me this afternoon (but he’s out of the surgery that’s why I can’t make an afternoon appointment🤔)
 He has spoken to someone in thrombosis dept, they have told doc to write to someone (higher up but can’t I remember who) and I have 3 choices,         
 1- have a gel and a coil (no way, had a lot of problems after having a coil for a few years then having it changed and it wasn’t put in properly and had to be dragged out😳)
 2- stop all hrt while I have the clot as they don’t know if even the gels and progesterone can make clot worse as apparently no info out there about someone with a clot who started a new HRT.
 3-if thrombosis people say it’s ok, a combined patch which after reading on here and looking into patches, I would like to try.
But after all of this I have a niggling feeling telling me to not take anything at the moment. I don’t know if this is me getting a bit anxious about it all but much as I want to stay on HRT, something is telling to not to until the clot has gone.
I don’t know what I’ll be like in a week without HRT but don’t want to be the crying, sweaty, snappy, tired etc etc person I was before I went on it.
 I went with choice 3,wait to  see what the thrombosis dept say, then go from there. I was worried about my VA but being on my tablet HRT for 4-5 years did bugger all for it, that’s why I’m on Ovestin now.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is Utrogestsan Diuretic? took off HRT/Update spoke to doc
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2022, 03:28:32 PM »

PHEW! keep on with the VA treatment.

I would opt for '3'.  Try patches.   you are not alone as many don't get on with progesterone  :-\

Pixielilac

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2022, 03:35:52 PM »

I’m staying on Ovestin 👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2022, 03:43:07 PM »

Hopefully the DVD issue will settle with appropriate medication.  Take a list with you to any appt.s ;-)

Pixielilac

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2022, 04:11:43 PM »

I will, thankyou for your replies.

Edited to say- won’t let me edit the long post update but meant to say-I don’t know what I’ll be like after a week let alone a month without HRT.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 04:47:48 PM by Pixielilac »
Pages: 1 [2]