Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: CHANGING FROM FEMOSTON SEQUENTIAL 1/10 TO FEMOSTON CONTI 1/5  (Read 2658 times)

Nita5691

CHANGING FROM FEMOSTON SEQUENTIAL 1/10 TO FEMOSTON CONTI 1/5
« on: October 26, 2018, 05:21:55 AM »

Hiya All

I have been having a browse on the forum about the change over from a sequential to a conti HRT, and just wanted to ask how everyone has found the change over. Now on my second month of femoston conti, and have a bit of spotting but that's expected. Ive also read that the change over can take months and months for your body to settle to the new HRT. However, really starting to struggle with anxiety attacks again, the silly things that years ago I wouldn't give a second thought to, are now causing me to go into a big panic. Waking up in the night, feeling hot, then, the anxiety kicks in, then its impossible to go back to sleep. Everything calmed whilst on femoston 1/10, then all the symptoms returned a few months ago. My GP said I shouldn't have been on the sequential for more than two years and it was time to change to conti. Ive no idea where I am in the menopause stage. A blood test years ago showed levels were rising and it had started.
I realise even with HRT we are going to still have some problems, as our own hormones are lowering and unbalancing.

Would love to hear from you all, on how you manage to deal with anxiety, do things start to balance out once the conti settles and gets into the system. Although the conti is continuous progesterone, is the femoston conti a lower dose HRT, are the start of symptoms expected to return until things settle. Looking forward to getting your thoughts and helpful advise.

Cazikins

Re: CHANGING FROM FEMOSTON SEQUENTIAL 1/10 TO FEMOSTON CONTI 1/5
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 11:00:52 AM »

It took me about 4 months to get settled on femoston conti. I nearly gave up because I was getting a lot of bleeding (3 out of 4 weeks).
It did eventually stop & I'm happy I persevered.
Re anxiety: I didn't get that too much, it seems to have been wit
h me most of my life one way or another - however I feel a much calmer person now then I was 3 years ago. That could be down to feeling more secure in my life.
Cazi x

Nita5691

Re: CHANGING FROM FEMOSTON SEQUENTIAL 1/10 TO FEMOSTON CONTI 1/5
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 07:38:14 AM »

Hiya Cazi

Thanks for your reply. The femoston 1/10 was great for majority of the time, but the continuous progesterone in the Conti seems to be working better. I'd read breakthrough spotting is normal, and can go on for 6 months. Doesn't sound like the change over was good for you, glad to hear things settled down eventually 😀 Just wanted to find out if others had experienced the return of symptoms, whilst getting used to the change over to the Conti. I'll definitely persevere with it, it does look as if it takes time for it to settle into your system. Talking to people the anxiety symptoms seems to be the difficult one to cope with. You do actually think you're losing the plot. Irrational thinking on the most trivial things. Waking in the night, the hot flush heat, and your mind works overtime, anxiety kicks in. Maybe a couple more months on the Conti and things will settle again Anita x