Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: new to this - Dizziness  (Read 901 times)

fionajac

new to this - Dizziness
« on: October 25, 2018, 09:23:32 AM »

Hi there I am new to this Forum and thought I would just ask the question before I think I am going crazy!
I had a Hysterectomy in 2011 partial one, so ovaries were kept.  I have noticed and they did say I could go into menopause slightly earlier than normal, I have had a few signs so sleeping problems, etc then a few months back full on hot flushes several a day, so went to the doctor, she did all the blood tests, thyroid, etc and prescribed HRT gel, which I have decided not to take as was scared of the side effects, decided to go down the route of herbal supplements give them a go.  The hot flushes have suddenly stopped, not sure if the hot weather we had made them worse. But now I am plagued suddenly with a dizzy spells, had one or two but now this week they are constant, its when I am sitting down on the computer or doing something I get a sudden like dizzy spell almost like a zap it lasts for seconds, but then my heart races and I go into panic mode.  Its almost like a shift of things in my head. Of course you think the worst.  Its not really accompanied by a hot flush, only sometimes my feet and hands feel clammy, but I think thats the panic. So not sure if anyone has ever had, not sure how to describe it properly and as I have just been to the doctor with hot flushes not sure if I should be going back for these dizzy spells, or just take it as its part of the course.....

Snoooze

Re: new to this - Dizziness
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 09:41:29 AM »

Hi Fiona,
 :welcomemm:

Sounds like normal symptoms of peri menopause of which there are many!

If you go to the main page and type your symptom in the search bar it will bring up threads from other ladies experiencing the same thing and should help to reassure you.

A drop in oestrogen can cause the dizziness.

fionajac

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 09:56:06 AM »

Thank you so much I will do some reading!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 11:09:21 AM »

As can a badly positioned seat at your work station!  I have a nerve in the back of my neck which nips occasionally, giving me a 'dizzy' feeling ..... as well as taking medication which causes head zaps!

Browse round. Make notes.  Do you keep a diary of feelings?

fionajac

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 11:48:14 AM »

Thanks yes I do keep kind of notes of when they happen but it can be different times, so no pattern really.  Just sudden out of the blue dizziness like a shift / zap.  A friend of mind said she had a few and could be menopause, but wanted to see if anyone out here had similar.

JaneinPen

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 11:53:14 AM »

I also get this fionajac. It can last a week sometimes then nothing for a week or two and then a few days again.  I actually get the kind of inside of the head shift when I turn over in bed sometimes too which is a very weird feeling. I put that down to my top three vertebrae having advanced osteoarthritis as it is my neck but like you and the other ladies I think it is more likely the lovely lovely meno NOT!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 12:52:42 PM »

Oh I have that brain-behind-movement feeling too like the white matter is lagging behind  :-\ ...... enough to make me go 'oh!'  :o

Does the dizzy feeling make you put your head between your knees?

fionajac

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »

No I dont put my head between my knees or anything, it just happens like flash of a second really, a jolt, zap or a quick spell of dizziness, hard to describe but its definately a spell, yes also sometimes get such a fright I have been known to go 'oh' loudly!!! HA HA