Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Testran need advice  (Read 1498 times)

Shelly65

Testran need advice
« on: October 30, 2018, 06:22:52 PM »

I have a brilliant doctor who has agreed to let me try testran for low libido. They have not prescribed it for anyone at my practice before. When I picked it up from chemist it says 3 to 4 pumps which I think is too much. I have just been using half a pump in the morning. Is this ok?  Thanks

BlueButterfly

Re: Testran need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »

It never hurts to slowly build up.

Shelly65

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 07:06:39 PM »

Thanks. Is 3 to 4 pumps the amount a man would use. Only reason ask is that when I questioned the chemist she seemed to think this was the amount i should use.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 07:40:22 PM »

Hi Shelly65

:welcomemm:

Either your doc or your chemist should not be practising if they are recommending this amount - they should do their homework! This is shocking advice and I wonder how many women are using this amount!

I have explained all about dosage on this thread which i will bump for you too so it appears at the top:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39588.15.html

Somewhere also there is a leaflet by the Chelsea and Westminster menopause clinic where it suggests 1 pump tiwce weekly as starting dose for Tostran I thinl - I'll post the link:
http://www.chelwest.nhs.uk/services/womens-health-services/gynaecology-services/menopause-and-pms-clinics/links/Testosteronereplacementforfemaleandrogendeficiency092017CWAGREED.pdf

I presume you are also on a reasonable dose of oestrogen HRT as well?

Hope this helps

Hurdity x

BlueButterfly

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 07:46:50 PM »

I'm not familiar with that medicine but from what I read, that does seem like a high dose. When I was on testosterone, I had it compounded (I'm in the US) because the preparations here were all for men so it would be a challenge for me to get the right dose. With the compound, I still started on half the dose they said and built up to the regular dose. It took a few weeks but I really could tell when it kicked in. After that I honestly adjusted the dose based on how I was feeling. Sometimes it was half a click, sometimes 2 full clicks (how the dispenser was). I never got a deeper voice or grew hair on my face so it worked for me.

Maybe someone who has used this in particular can be more helpful.

Posted while someone else was. Hurdity has great advice!

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 07:52:31 PM »

Hi it's actually Tostran I think - I presumed it was a misspelling. I can't find "Testran" anyway...

Also it takes 4-5 months for testosterone to fully take effect because of cellular changes in target tissues that have receptors so it's important not to increase just because you don't feel anything.

Hurdity x

Shelly65

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 09:12:04 PM »

Hi yes I've been in femoston 1/10 for  2 years and elleste duet for a about six months before that but it didn't agree with me. Also have VA and use vagifem between 5 and 7 days a week. Yes sorry was a spelling mistake it's tostran. Well luckily I have read lots of information on here and knew this was wrong advise. Just needed clarification from others that use it. Maybe I will just use a couple of times a week instead. Thanks for your replies much appreciated

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 08:20:02 AM »

Tostran - 1 blob 3 times a week x

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 08:35:43 AM »

Hi again - the other thing is if you are taking oral HRT this is not the best for libido. oral oestrogen raises a compound called SHBG in the body which binds up free testosterone. Ideally you should be on transdermal HRT - patch or gel. You may find less of an effect of the T with oral HRT. It is mentioned here:
https://www.monash.edu/medicine/sphpm/units/womenshealth/info-4-health-practitioners/testosterone-for-women

Dotty the Chelsea and Westminster leaflet I linked to recommends starting dose as 1 pump Tostran 2 x per week.

Let us know how you get on....

Hurdity x

Shelly65

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 09:38:31 AM »

I am going to print some info off for my gp and let her read it.  I did ask for transdermal but they said to stay in femaston. I am having blood test on 8 December and telephone consultation in a month. I could have gone to a meno clinic i suppose for testron but I had a rubbish experience last time I went. She said i risked getting cancer take vagifem more than twice a week and would not give me the green light to do so. Then ended consultation by saying she was signing me off coz she didn't need to see me any more. Luckily I have read lots on hear so wasn't worried by her attitude. Also my gp says take up to 7 days if you are happy. She did see me at my worst crying in her surgery in so much pain and distress with va. Any way I will keep you updated and many thanks for your advice.