Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gastric issues  (Read 5603 times)

Droopeydrawers

Re: Gastric issues
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 11:45:35 AM »

Quick update.
I had private blood test to check out one of my other theories and the results have just arrived today.It confirmed I have hpylori as I suspected.I will now take the full 28page report to my private gp and get the necessary meds I need for this.
I'm so relieved to get this confirmed but I will still want scans to check for ulcer.when I went to the practice nurse and said I'd had this year's ago when in Spain and id had the antibiotic treatment she couodnt have looked more disinterested so sent away stool test at my request but no bloods and when stool test came back negative they closed my treatment said no further treatment and meantime I'm in pain and scared to death worrying about what it is.
I'm happier today although still have pain and I will try staying off hrt as I'm presently doing because I'm not mad on the other side effects of it I've never had spots and oily skin or all the other stuff but I will stay open minded about a return to it if I have to.thank you a zillion times over for your support and advice.xx D.D

Dancinggirl

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2018, 12:02:55 PM »

Well done for being so proactive Droppydrawers. It's awful that we have to be so on the ball about our health issues when we are feeling so low. Hope things get sorted now.
Yes you should have a cystoscopy to check things properly so insist on this.
DG x

Robin

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2018, 12:11:25 PM »

Brilliant result thank goodness you were persistent. You'll soon be on the mend once you have the right treatment. I'm really pleased for you DD.

Love the typo dancing girl- droppy drawers 😂

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 09:35:40 PM »

Hi ladies update for you.
I saw private gp tonight had discussion told him hpylori result explained I'd had it b4 so basically he said based on the fact id had this before the blood test would come back positive because I had antibodies in my blood from previous infection and because stool test was negative he was reluctant to bombard my body with the heavy antibiotic regime and ppis that were the required treatment for hpylori.he was pleased I'd been pro active and stuck myself on ranitidine and this had reduced the pain but not completely as it was just low strength otc so we opted for doubling the dose for 4 weeks and monitor and if no change then a referral to gastroenterologist for further discussion.I really liked his common sense approach and the fact he didn't dive in with invasive suggestions and his manner was lovely he was very approachable.Im still of the opinion that hrt has in some way triggered this and I'm still off it and having no other issues.ive no way of knowing if the ranitidine or the ceasing hrt was a decider in the calming down of this and I would suggest if any of you are still having gastric issues maybe buy some otc ranitidine. it can only settle things down a bit for you if your in half as much discomfort and pain as I was I'd say go for it.for £2.99 it may be all you need to settle things before they get too out of hand.ive to try this then go back in 3 weeks for a review so fingers crossed.meantime I'm in no hurry to go back onto hrt I'll just see what fate brings next.good luck to every one I hope you get your gastric issues resolved.xD.D

Bluebell

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2018, 07:36:58 AM »

Hi, I've recently been put on PPI because of stomach problems. Everytime I have a hot flush or nightsweat I feel my stomach palpitating.
I was then sometimes feeling ravenous after eating and generally just having a tender tummy. I also have soooooo much cattargh at the back of my throat which makes me feel nauseous at times because I can't clear it - and now I have this burning mouth!
It feels like my saliva is thick and my tongue feels sore and the roof of my mouth is swollen? 😬
I told all this to the Doctor and she put me on PPI's.
 My tummy is settling down a bit but not the burning mouth. I'm 64 and 5 years post menopausal and not on HRT.

Some ladies are saying to try digestive enzymes can you tell me which ones you take?

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2018, 07:50:33 AM »

Hi Carol I avoided the ppis in favour of the ranitidine and gp said exactly the same.if you go online to Amazon they do a good digestive enzymes called digest tonic by troo health care. I found that pretty good it's plant derived so quite gentle.
All your symptoms mirror mine if I was you I'd try the ranitidine it's 2.95 bought otc you'll know right away if it's helping it's only one tab morning one evening very easy.you can then get it on prescription in preference to the ppi.canker sores on tongue can be a symptom of gut problems so don't panic I'm the same it does die down when you get the stomach acid under control.good luck x D.D

Robin

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2018, 08:29:11 AM »

That sounds very positive DD  :)  I get my ranitidine from Tesco where it's only £1.50. Hope it gets you back on track and if not then you have the reassurance of knowing there is a decent doctor you can see and a plan to investigate further.

Robin
X

Bluebell

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2018, 09:15:48 AM »

Thanks for replying Droopydrawers. I did try Zantac but found it gave me a sore stomach.
I feel like I'm swollen from my stomach to my throat etc. So have to keep giving a cough.
As soon as the PPI's are finished I'll start the digestive enzymes. I used to take them years ago
after having my gall bladder out.
Did you have lots of cattargh in your throat? And if so how did you get rid of it? 😕

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2018, 05:46:16 PM »

I thought that H.pylorei can only be diagnosed by one of those gastric tubes going into the gut ? 

Lanzoprazole should be taken 4 no more than 3 months ....... it can cause it's own problems which GPs don't warn patients about [see Dr James le Fanu, Daily Telegraph].  OK initially but often patients find that any benefit is lost.

An over the counter antacid should help.  With something a little stronger if necessary.  I have found that if I lay down too soon after eating the dreadful reflux starts  >:( and I can feel it right now as I've an irritating cough and post nasal drip.  I can feel it behind my breast bone and know that if I don't eat two Rennies B4 bed it will turn into reflux which causes acute salivation and pains in chin, in my belly which moves on gentle palpation.  I have to sleep sitting up  :-\

Because ostrogen levels drop muscles may become lax which can encourage the valve to not shut properly, = reflux.  Hiatus hernia is common during The Change.

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2018, 07:41:55 PM »

This sparkle - didn't know about the breath test.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2018, 07:52:30 PM »

:thankyou:  much better than the tube down the gut !

Jillm

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2019, 09:07:55 PM »

Hi everyone, just found this thread when looking for answers about digestion issues.
I see some of if you, like me have had their gall bladder removed.
I had mine removed 3 years ago and for some time all was good, but from time to time I get a similar but not as severe pain in upper right under ribs.
Recently it has been more regular. Has anyone else had this? GP not particularly interested thought it was gastritis, gave me omperazole which gave me bad pain in stomach,now back on ranitidine.
I also have a lot of gas (very uncomfortable)
I had all this a number of years ago and it was diagnosed as irritable bowel, turned out to be gallstones.
A bit concerned I have now developed stones somewhere else.
Can anyone advise if I should try digestive enzymes and which ones?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings❤️
Pages: 1 2 [3]