Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: One Year gone  (Read 1075 times)

AstroCat

One Year gone
« on: February 16, 2019, 11:34:25 AM »

Hello lovely ladies!

I feel like this is a bit of a "Woohoo!" moment for me which I figured I should celebrate here, with like-minded women, rather than on my TwitFace feed  :P  Today marks one year with no periods.  :)

I've just turned 52 and feel like I'm one of the luckier ones on here in that, so far, I've not had to deal with anything like what some of you are going through. I've had hot waves and cold waves on and off over the last few years, my tolerance levels would bounce back and forth, sex drive went and hid behind the sofa and had times where I felt unreasonably tired. Many of these symptoms seem to have tailed off for now and curiously, the last month or so I've had niggles and signs that really made me think Aunt Irma was going to put in a last minute appearance. The sex drive even poked its head out from behind the sofa again which was a welcome surprise.  :o

I'm not naive enough to think that's it...we're done with all this now but I'm unsure, what can I expect next? I feel like I've just beaten the level 1 Big Boss in this game called Menopause, levelled up and I've no idea what level 2 holds for me.

Anyway, on this 'special day' I want to thank you all for everything you post on here. Although not a regular contributor myself, in my times of need, for assurance or information, this forum has always delivered.  :-*

Liz x

jaypo

Re: One Year gone
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 03:24:05 PM »

Oh astrocat,what a brilliant suggestion to the makers of Xbox 😂🤣

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 03:47:39 PM »

Hi Astrocat
Who knows if anything else is going to ‘get' you.
You've come this far, and that's absolutely brilliant, I'm so glad for you, even though you've still had some symptoms, all you can do is take one day at a time, and hopefully you won't suffer anymore symptoms. Just stay positive, and try not to look for things, it's so nice to hear someone say that they haven't suffered as much as others, but don't dismiss the fact that you have still suffered somethings, and it was still hard......
Wishing you all the luck in the world, please let us know how you're getting on, we do like to hear the good stories too....
Jd xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 05:20:36 PM »

Apart from vaginal atrophy: you've read the threads here I hope : nowt 'got me'.  My apron dropped due to anxiety of muscle tone.  So from above I look fat  :D.  Skin itches occasionally.  I feel bloated occasionally.

Fortunately nothing as bad as other ladies feel which is why they join in.  Don't celebrate too soon, they can still return  :o.  I carried protection for 5 years after my last bleed  ;D

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 10:10:03 PM »

Apart from vaginal atrophy: you've read the threads here I hope : nowt 'got me'.  My apron dropped due to anxiety of muscle tone.  So from above I look fat  :D.  Skin itches occasionally.  I feel bloated occasionally.

Fortunately nothing as bad as other ladies feel which is why they join in.  Don't celebrate too soon, they can still return  :o.  I carried protection for 5 years after my last bleed  ;D
I have just reached the 5 year point without any further bleeding but have had a string of UTI's/VA mimicking UTI. I also suspect that my muscular/joint pains are due to low oestrogen. I have managed without HRT so far (due to very mild flushes & no problems with mood)  but I am about to have a meno clinic appt.