Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Thought i was getting there...... then !!  (Read 2423 times)

yriches65

Thought i was getting there...... then !!
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:03:04 PM »

Hi All,

Changed my HRT regime and stuck to it over the last week or so....

Had a better run of 4 days, where symptoms lessened and was able to do normal stuff... even reduced the amount of zopiclone taken :-)

Currently on 0.75 mg Estriol, 30 mg Progesterone , and 5 mg Testosterone per day... all transdermal

Last night even though not 100 % was laughing for no reason, even though didn't feel like laughing

Then today hit me out of the blue... wasn't quite so good earlier on but bearable....

Then later in the day had real strong sexual urges even though wasn't thinking about sex , desire was too strong tingling sensations down below....

After a while passed, then hit with floods of tears and then in despair.... had to take 1/2 zopiclone to settle me back down ....

Later in the even the strong sexual desires returned followed by flood of tears and despair that this isn't going to get sorted...

Some may say the return of the libido is good.... but this is uncomfortably to strong.... not a loving desire.... but just a strong sexual desire...

Anyone any ideas ? Could this be my testosterone level... have read high testosterone doesn't necessarily equal high libido... or any other levels dropped e.g Progesterone..

This wasn't totally unexpected especially after having a better 4 days, the better 4 days were after having a short break from Estriol  but taking Estriol on the 4 days

Big Hugs

Yx

Peroxideblader

Re: Thought i was getting there...... then !!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 03:25:11 PM »

Hi sorry I can't help with your hrt as I haven't started yet but I'm 4 years into sleep issues and my doctor prescribes me zopiclone I've just put it on another post. Just wondered how long you've been on zopiclone and what does your doctor prescribe I only get enough for a dose every 6 or 7th night which is pathetic.  Also did your sleep improve initially on hrt thank you

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 08:36:03 PM »

Just a thought, I've had the sexual urges on Oestrogen alone. Don't take Testosterone!
So could be oestrogen alone.
I could have had sex in the street and didn't care who saw me, it was almost like a animal instinct!
I started to enjoy it after while - unfortunately for my husband, it didn't last! X

yriches65

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 08:12:10 PM »

HI MIS71MUM,

Only had the urges recently taking testosterone..... had been on estradiol previously and my levels went through the roof.... never had any urges...

I know what you mean i could have done it with anything or anyone....

I came off the testosterone for a while and it did calm down

Big hugs...

Yx

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 10:36:47 PM »

I have posted many times on these urges and they seemed to confuse my consultant terribly. I haven't heard of anyone else having these and thought I was from another species. I eventually worked out when my estrogen was very low less than 20 the urges were unbearable and as my estrogen  levels has slowly been increased they have eased off after about a year trying all different doses.  It seems if I don't have enough eatrogen it is like the testosterone  is far too high . I hope this has given some insight and I suddenly don't seem as mad 😊

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 05:21:57 AM »

It's actually quite common and called the sex surge , hormones out of whack.

Elliemay

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »

I had that post meno without hrt. It was pretty horrible. Like numbness and tingling & sexual urges but not nice ones just annoying. I thought it was perhaps something irritating the pudendal nerve. I ended up with vaginal atrophy and now wonder whether the physical changes  taking place in the structure of the lady bits could trigger it.

EnglishRose

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 06:22:14 AM »

I have posted many times on these urges and they seemed to confuse my consultant terribly. I haven't heard of anyone else having these and thought I was from another species. I eventually worked out when my estrogen was very low less than 20 the urges were unbearable and as my estrogen  levels has slowly been increased they have eased off after about a year trying all different doses.  It seems if I don't have enough eatrogen it is like the testosterone  is far too high . I hope this has given some insight and I suddenly don't seem as mad 😊

Thank God! Exactly what I've made myself sick with worry over for the last 3 weeks!
Not taking anything but Progesterone and my oestrogen is in the minus numbers
 Waiting to get my hormones including testosterone tests£ again
Such a relief to find other people with the same symptom.