Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel + Utrogestan advice please  (Read 1045 times)

ali 61

Evorel + Utrogestan advice please
« on: October 21, 2018, 09:19:32 AM »

Good morning ladies. I have been really ill after using Evorel Conti patches. (Stomach cramps, chest pressure and blood bruises) So I stopped it over 2 weeks ago.
I am seeing the GP on Tuesday. After some earlier advice on here I am going to ask you all about this combo:
Evorel 25 and 100mg Utrogestan daily.

Evorel 25, as I want to start as low as possible (and work up if I need to) and Utrogestan 100mg daily, as I am 2 yrs post-meno, and dont want a bleed due to very bad endometriosis.

I am a regular migraine sufferer, so have to stick to patches...I'm just hoping Utrogestan is ok for migraine sufferers as its oral?
I've also read on here that you can start on just Evorel for up to 12 weeks before needing to include Utrogestan. (People on here seem to have done that for on average 8 weeks, to see if the Evorel suits them.) If I did that would I have a bleed?

What does anybody think about this combo? Sorry so many questions, but you only get 10min with the dr and they never seem to know much about HRT so I want to go armed with info.  Thank you. xx

JacksJacks2

Re: Evorel + Utrogestan advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 10:10:14 AM »

Hello Ali
I too suffer migranes/chronic headaches - I believe caused by low estrogen. Initially we ( drs and I )thought it was progesterone causing the headaches, but now with researching my history during my peri journey, it is more likely a serious lack of estrogen causing mine.
I am now on bhrt - Estrogel and Utrogestan. My menopause clinic suggested I follow a 12 week estrogen & 10 days of 200mg utrogestan plan. I will be starting on the utro on Nov 27th. I have to admit, I am a bit reluctant of introducing 200mg progesterone out of the blue so have decided to have 2 days at 100mg, then 8 days at 200mg followed by 2 days at 100mg. Then I go back to just estrogen.
Just to say, I was on Evorel 50 but because of the headaches it was agreed to try the gel. I am doing okay on it but only because I take a larger dose since blood tests proved my estrogen was really really low. I honestely believe I would have been okay on Evorel had I increased to 75.

ali 61

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 10:36:29 AM »

Thanks for the reply. My migraines are caused by other probs, not hormonal. So Thats not an issue for me. Actually on 1/2 an Evorel Conti patch tho, I seemed to have less migraines as I got slightly more sleep.
I would still like to hear from anybody who uses Utrogestan daily?
But, JacksJacks2...do you get a bleed using Utrogestan the way thay have advised?

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 10:40:20 AM »

I use Utrogestan daily... I have no problems. I use it with 4 pumps of Oestrogel x

ali 61

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 10:48:25 AM »

Thank you Dotty. I'm presuming you just take 100mg daily? You've given me good advice before and I do appreciate it. xx
PS Do you take it orally or use as a pessary like some other ladies do?

Crafty Kaz

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 03:26:27 PM »

Hi Ali
I use utrogestan for 12 days per month vaginally & can honestly say I had no side effects whatsoever & it makes me sleep like a baby :) so try not to worry as your body might like it too! It's all trial & error with the hrt lark but when you find the right regime life is so good again! Also obviously it's so important to look after yourself at this time of life & ive found a healthy diet plus exercise & ME TIME has helped loads.

Much love Kaz x

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 04:01:57 PM »

Hi Ali61....I take 100mg and take it orally before bed. x