Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Where to put patches  (Read 905 times)

allie007

Where to put patches
« on: October 19, 2018, 12:46:07 PM »

Hi ladies

Was just wondering if it is better to put patches on my abdomen rather than at the top of my backside? My GP told me to put them on my backside but after 3 weeks on them, which i know isnt long, i feel worse than ever. I was on Estrogel before and have changed to patches without a break.
Does where you stick them make a difference?

CarryWarry

Re: Where to put patches
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 02:31:29 PM »

Hi Alli, not sure about whether it makes a difference but I'm sure I read somewhere that ironically the fatter bits of us i.e. the buttocks are more effective for patch absorption.  I had the patches and then felt it wasn't doing enough (which could be due to not enough oestrogen) so have the oestrogel too.  I have a 75mcg patch of Evorel and three pumps of estrogel every day.  I always put the patches to the side of the buttocks (easy reach side!).  Sorry if this isn't helpful.  I did find the gel absorption for me was far faster and the effects of it kicked in after only 10 days, whereas patches def take longer...but work after about 12 weeks.  This is me personally.  We are all different as you know.  Good luck.

allie007

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »

Wow! Is it ok to use that much? Must admit, ive got 2 bottles of Estrogel and i've been feeling so awful I've been tempted to use a pump. My GP gave me 50 mg to start with 3 weeks ago but yesterday upped ot to 75mg.
Thank you CarryWarry, glad you've found something that works. 12 weeks though? I can't bear the thought of another week like this x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 07:07:06 PM »

You can put them wherever on lower abdomen you like but yes absorption will vary. I did post about this elsewhere recently as have others. Once you've settled on a particular spot then best to stick (!) to the same area so as to give greater  consistency in doses. What symptoms are involved in the "feeling worse" and what dose of Estrogel were you on? Also why did you change?

Hurdity x