Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: femoston 2/10 - correct one?  (Read 844 times)

debra217

femoston 2/10 - correct one?
« on: October 18, 2018, 12:23:34 PM »

Hi - I wonder if anyone can help.  I was on elleste duo a couple of years ago and it didn't help - the dark tablets made my mood much worse. Successfully on fluoxetine which worked really well with moods but having been on that for depression for quite a few years previously I didn't want to stay on it too longterms, also the loss of libido and the increasing anxiety and insomnia creeping back in I decided to give hrt another go.  My doctor was very sympathetic but had to keep checking books and consult another doctor, so not sure about her overall knowledge of hrt.  I've had excellent advice from this site previously and I really believe many on this site have more knowledge than some of the docs! I have been prescribed femoston 2/10. There are 14 days of cream coloured tablets and 14 days of pink ones.  Is this a conti or sequential?   I have had a couple of very light periods in the  last 12 months. Like many on this forum not being on anything is not an option as I would spend most days bursting into tears, itching all over, depressed, irritable and not getting much more than 3-4 hours a night sleep.

I want to be sure I am taking the correct tabs as it seems a few people have been given the wrong ones. Also, does anyone have any positive experiences of this particular hrt and how long can I expect to see relief. Doctor wasn't sure said give it a month but didn't seem to be sure.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I'm 53 - 2 light periods in 12 months and symptoms getting unbearable!

:)

Dancinggirl

Re: femoston 2/10 - correct one?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 01:22:33 PM »

Hi and welcome to mm

Yes, I think Femsoston 2/10 is probably a good one for you. It is sequential and as you are still peri this is correct.

Femoston has a kinder progesterone so may well be good for you. Are you still in the AD or have you managed to come of this. If still on the AD don't reduce this just yet or you won't know which is working.
If you get settled on the HRT for around 3 months and things are feeling good, you could then try to reduce the AD. It can take 3-6 months for any HRT to truly settle. DG x

debra217

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 10:34:02 AM »

Thank you Dancing Girl - I have been off the AD for a couple of months now - maybe why symptoms all hit with a vengeance - I will certainly preserve on Femoston then and remain hopeful.

Thank you

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 10:09:08 PM »

Hi,
I love my femeston 2/10. If things carry on as they are i will take it for life.....
I started on elleste duo ( i think) but uurgg- disgusting stuff, nausea ++ and feeling really twitchy (anxious) when taking the progesterone bit, but femeston is much better for me- no noticeable side effects at all.
As for mood- i have always been an up and down kinda gal and have taken antidepressants on and off since my early 20's and i have been on them for the last 7 years so taking both. Elleste did increase my anxiety, femeston hasn't.
Hope all goes well

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:10:18 PM »

Forgot to say. My head fog cleared massively with THREE days and has stayed that way since