Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Where is best to stick patch ????  (Read 1649 times)

lemondrop

Where is best to stick patch ????
« on: October 10, 2018, 05:32:35 PM »

Hello all ,

Is there a best place to stick the evorel conti patch , to achieve maximum benefit from it ? Fourth week in , it is making a difference to me I think , but still getting a few flushes , but no bad side effects so far , fingers crossed . Have been sticking it on hip area under knickers iIYKWIM , alternating sides . Sticks well there .

Grateful for any input .

Lemondrop xx

Taz2

Re: Where is best to stick patch ????
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 06:21:00 PM »

If it's sticking well then there's no need to change but I prefer to put mine on the buttock. Where does it suggest in the information leaflet?

Taz x

lemondrop

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 06:25:15 PM »

Anywhere in the area you would wear a a big pair of knickers

Dancing Queen

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 06:50:01 PM »

Hip for me I cant see it on my bum! 😁

linz57

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 06:57:22 PM »

I used to put my FemSeven Conti patch either on my bum or abdomen. Nice and fleshy areas seem to be best for me😁

allie007

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 07:45:25 PM »

Glad you posted this! I started on Estradot patches on Thursday last week and i put it at the top of my backside on the outer part because thats what the GP is saw suggested  but the instructions say to put on abdomen. After 24 hours i felt fantastic and like a light had been switched on. Since Sunday night I'm not sleeping and been in a really anxious, tearful mood. For the last 6 months been on Estrogel x

paisley

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 01:09:37 PM »

I put my Evorel on my hip. It seems to stick better there for me. I could never get it to stick on my bum.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 07:20:05 PM »

You can stick them anywhere on the abdomen (front or back) or thigh as long as below the waist. Also best to stick  ::) to the same part of the body as absorption varies depending on how fleshy the area is and how thin the skin - so once you've settled on the part of the body that works for you - then stay with it, just alternating sides each time you change the patch. Also making sure it's not a part of the body where it might rub off with taking clothes up and down or wasit bands or knicker line etc. I do butt cheeks as Taz does - and have always put them on there. Can't do this is you're a thong or Brazilian gal though!

Hurdity x

linz57

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 06:34:17 PM »

I'm more Bridget Jones knickers these days,  so virtually anywhere below the waist to the top of the thighs is fine 😂😂