Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hormone newbie says hi  (Read 1497 times)

Jodie_28

Hormone newbie says hi
« on: April 26, 2018, 10:33:52 PM »

Hey ladies!
As with most typical forum-goers, I'm a long-time lurker and first time poster. Reading sites has always been easy, but participating usually hits me right in the anxiety and I panic a little at the thought. But I'm finally here, so, yay for progress :)

The site's been a great help, and reading along with all of your stories and posts and ideas and and and...has been a great help to me, especially when things have been tough. It's also given me the confidence to fianlly start exploring hrt options in the hopes that it'll help me with some of these symptoms I've been struggling with over the last few years. Symptoms I'd mostly put down to getting older and just feeling run down for a long time ‘til I found the site. I'm currently exploring my options and trying not to overwhelm myself by Dr Google'ing everything 'til I work myself up into a panic again haha.

Thanks again for everything, and I'm looking ofrward to being more active :)

J

Taz2

Re: Hormone newbie says hi
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 10:53:52 PM »

Hi Jodie_28! No need to feel panicky or anxious on here although, rest assured, we all know how you feel!

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 08:33:30 AM »

So drop Dr Google  ;).

Browse round.  Make notes.  Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/syptom diary is useful.  Think about the pattern of your periods, any aches and pains that are a nuisance and take a list to your Practice Nurse, GP or local Pharmacist.

As oestrogen levels drop so the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also, as levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out  >:( : - nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina, skin, scalp ........

Symptoms are due to ageing "getting older" as you put it but can be eased. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 04:52:05 PM »

Hi Jodie 28

A big hello from me.
Don't feel anxious, ask away, they're all very lovely on here
and will help if they can.
Everybody has different levels of knowledge, so I'm sure someone
will offer help..

Jd x.  :foryou:

Tiddles

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 05:45:05 PM »

Hello Jodie and welcome from one (fairly) newbie to another!  Your post made me smile ruefully because I remember well the morning I looked in the mirror and saw, as usual, an anxious, sad, knackered face looking back.  But on that day I answered back with "it doesn't have to be like this .... there's no reason why all the good times should be behind me at 55" and  I started on my journey to 'do something about it'. I look in the mirrow now and see someone who is a lot better informed, more relaxed, optimistic and yes, even less knackered looking.  My meno experience robbed me of all confidence and replaced it with anxiety. Thanks to HRT the anxiety has gone and slowly, slowly, my confidence is returning. Very best wishes to you x

Jodie_28

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 04:31:56 AM »

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes! Wow, how the time flies. I haven't been able to get back to the site much over the year, as it's been a fairly hectic and (family) drama-filled one. I've had some great chats with some local doctors in that time, have started keeping a mood diary (thanks for the suggestion, CLKD!), and am doing a better job of watching my diet and getting in some active time outside the house.

I hope everyone is well and apologies for rezzing such an old post, it felt wrong not to say thank you! I look forward to getting some more time to spend here now that life is calming down. Hopefully...

J

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »

Good to hear from you and thanks for getting back to us! You sound pretty upbeat so hope you're doing well despite the old meno kicking in?!

Hurdity x

Jodie_28

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 04:53:49 AM »

Thanks Hurdity! It's really nice to see other people are noticing it too. I'm learning to deal with it / manage it, though it's still far from perfect. Having said that, I've gotten a little more perspective this year with a lot of help and support from family and friends (plus a *lovely* local counselor), which is really helping with my mental wellness, if not my physical. Looking forward to being a little more active here now, too <3

J

PATHURLEY54

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 07:32:32 AM »

Hi I am also new, and would like to post on the forum, however being a bit daft I cannot work out how to start my own post ?

Snoooze

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 12:56:19 PM »

Hi I am also new, and would like to post on the forum, however being a bit daft I cannot work out how to start my own post ?

Hi  :welcomemm:

Go to the main menu page and scroll down to ‘new members'. Click on it then on the right hand side click ‘new topic' and start your post.