Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradot- do they work for most people?  (Read 1320 times)

allie007

Estradot- do they work for most people?
« on: October 25, 2018, 05:39:17 AM »

Morning everyone. Another night of 3 hours sleep  :'(
I've been on Estradot for a month, 50 for 3 weeks and 75 for a week, am due to change my patch this eve so that will be my 3rd patch. I know i'm being impatient but surely I should feel at least a little better by now. I was on 3 pumps of Estrogel before shifting straight onto the patches.
I cant take much more of no sleep. It feels like im permanently about to come down with a masty cold.

Droopeydrawers

Re: Estradot- do they work for most people?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 07:30:07 AM »

You should be changing your patch twice weekly allie unless your sums are wrong so you should be on patch 8 ready to start patch 9 if it's been a month.that could be why no noticeable change.
If you've been on the gel previously then it should be pretty straightforward no waiting time as such.maybe once you start to increase it gradually you'll see an improvement keep plodding away.x D.D

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 07:40:53 AM »

I would also say if you've been on 3 pumps of gel and not absorbing so changed to patches you'd probably be better on the 100 patches that's more on par with 3 squirts.thats what Dr newson changed me to and said if I felt I needed to I could top up the 100 patch with the gel.hope this helps.nap during day if you can there's no rules say we must sleep at night if your sleep deprived at night grab naps as and when you can the mind and body needs this to heal. D.D x

allie007

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 01:46:47 PM »

Thanks DD. I worded that wrong sorry, its my 3rd 75mg patch tonight. I did feel better using the gel but symptoms were coming back, like not sleeping well and I was starting to feel flat, bit moody but mainly just emotionless. I can't nap in the day as Im teaching and then when i get home im on my own with my son who's nearly 6 x
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:20:02 PM by allie007 »

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 06:47:01 PM »

If you felt better on the gel then go back to it or keep on with the 75 mcg for another couple of weeks and then increase to 100 mcg maybe? I can't remember where you are in menopause or what progestogen you use if any?

Hurdity x

allie007

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 07:19:41 PM »

Hi Hurdity, hope you're well x

Ive only ever had one blood test in March which showed my FSH level was 70 so they are presuming post menopause. Im on my 2nd Mirena which was changed in August this year.
The only time i have felt like my old self was a few days after starting the 50mg Estradot and i'm presuming I still had Estrogel in my system. No break, started the patches 24 hrs after my last dose of gel. That feeling lasted about 3 days before i had a migraine for 5 days, little sleep and dizziness,which is how I was every few weeks before starting HRT 7 months ago.