Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It's World Menopause Day  (Read 2594 times)

Cazikins

Re: It's World Menopause Day
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 10:35:10 AM »

Might I ask which Member started this thread  :-\

Pamela Brook is the editor of Menopause Matters Magazine CLKD.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 01:25:01 PM »

:thankyou:

SueLW

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 03:34:52 PM »

I know I was lucky, but I spent yesterday at Dr Louise Newson's new clinic for her Menopause Open Day.  It was really good.  I used to go to London for my HRT but as soon as I heard she was opening up in Stratford-upon-Avon (just 1 hours drive) I was on the books, hoping for an appointment and I got one in the summer.  The day was full of speakers doing different things in different rooms.  Lots of opportunity for the women (and a few men with their partners) to ask as many questions as they liked.  All barriers came down and people were laughing and asking questions about everything.  One of the nicest things was meeting other women.  All different ages, shapes and sizes.  Many glamorous and some (me) less so!  All of us interested in each other and our experiences. 

So for me World Menopause Day was a very good experience.  I had 3 questions about my ongoing treatment (notably those I posted recently when my GP stressed me out) and I was able to talk to Louise and ask her them. 

1.  My GP want's me to come off oestrogen because she thinks it's pushing my blood pressure up.  She's not right is she?
2.  I've been bleeding a lot in the last 3 weeks, will it stop or should I change anything? (I have had a scan in the summer so we know there are no issues there.)
3.  GP wants me to take AD's and I don't want too.

The answers were "No, no, oh dear no!", "Not enough progesterone, try increasing the dose, either by doubling up on the every other day routine or by taking 100 Utro vaginally every night.", "You don't need AD's at this stage.  You probably need more oestrogen."

Then later on I spoke to another of the doctor's at the clinic about my thyroid issues and she agreed that my BP should come down as my medication levels get better.  She actually sounded sensible about thyroid, dissing the wide reference ranges.  She was pleased I had an endo. referral next week as my GP is less than clueless over the thyroid.  It was a great day.  I felt so much less alone.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 04:50:07 PM »

:thankyou:  Were there any GPs or Practice Nurse present  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]