Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Drivetime Radio Two  (Read 1587 times)

Hezzalady67!

Drivetime Radio Two
« on: June 01, 2018, 05:24:31 PM »

A lot of people are missing the old Drivetime programme on BBC  Radio 2, myself included.

The final episode is only available on the iplayer until the end of the day, so I am having one last listen to it.

Rely on R2 to get me through my journeys to and from work. I have weathered other changes, over the years, but just cannot take to the new format with Simon Mayo and Jo Whiley. I like both of them but they do not, imho, gel together. Also it's a bit like a ‘cut and shut' as they have tried to incorporate elements from the old show and from Jo's night-time show.

Simon seems depressed, even his voice seems lower...add to this, Jo appears to be making little cutting comments, maybe through nerves or something... E.g. saying one of the guests was the ‘best co-host ever' last night.

So many others saying the same on the Radio Two Facebook page. It seems some are getting blocked for repeatedly protesting about it. The BBC is sending a stock email reply to everyone asking them to give it a chance, but people are finding it so uncomfortable to listen to!

I can just see the old team setting up on some independent station which I can't get on my old car radio!

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Drivetime Radio Two
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 05:45:02 PM »

Only listen to radio 2 in the mornings and some afternoons,
I love the Steve Wright show, and Jeremy Vines show.

I also like Trevor Nelson, he's been sitting in for someone,
Like Vanessa Feltz has.

I alternate between radio 2, and heart, or magic soul.
But haven't been listening to radio 2 for very long.

Jd x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »

I won't have Steve Wright on.  This Drivetime idea ain't working.  End of.  Why fix something if it ain't broke!?!  I will miss the Book Club.

Radio 2 kept me alive years ago.  From a deep depression I realised that I was smiling at Jimmy Young who was muttering in the corner of my lounge.  The smiling increased as the weeks went on, add to that Terry in the mornings .........

Two hoots

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 06:28:48 PM »

We have started to download pod casts on the iPad and listen to them in the car, gardeners question time is one I enjoy, last year Jeremy Bowen did a series on his time in the Middle East, it's not something I'd have chosen but it was fascinating. My better half likes desert island discs  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 07:02:07 PM »

Both leaving Radio2 ........... wonder who will front Drive Time now, bring back Jonny Walker?  ;)