Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Had Mirena removed, they could not do the re fi..... progesterone issue  (Read 3980 times)

TraceyTracey

Re: Had Mirena removed, they could not do the re fi..... progesterone issue
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 08:08:17 AM »

Gynae appointment arrived and they cannot fit the Merina, the area is too tight.  They say it could be down to not having kids or there maybe a fibroid blocking things.  I am having a scan (back on the waiting list) and then hopefully local anaesthetic to insert the Merina.  More waiting...

Thank good the male consultant gynae was asked for an opinion because the lady doc I spoke to was asking do you really need to be on HRT... maybe you should stop!!! Er no... was my answer.. no HRT means I would need to change my job and lifestyle.. the Merina and estradiol patches make me feel like I am in my 20s and can do anything...

I have just had quite a stressful 5 days or so, travelling with argumentative and emotional female teenagers, husband competing in a competition and relying on me for help and emotional support, mother staying with and due some love and attention, my dog was very ill and required an op and I had horendous  PMT due to coil removal and a rare period with all the trimmings.   I thought I was gonna explode or move to another continent!!    I have not felt like that in years... god bless the Merina coil I misss her  ;D.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:10:56 AM by TraceyTracey »

Cazikins

Re: Had Mirena removed, they could not do the re fi..... progesterone issue
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 10:53:32 AM »

Hi TraceyTracey,
Oh dear what a palaver - did you have a general anesthetic in the end?
I've never had children either & all but the 1st of my 3 mirenas were fitted under a G.A.as the pain was so bad & the Gynaes didn't seem to want to even try doing it without.
The mirena & tabs worked very well for me for many years - I totally agree "God Bless the Mirena".
Sorry you have had such an awful time with other stuff - life isn't easy sometimes I know.
Cazi x
Pages: 1 [2]