Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GP practice using phone calls with no specific time given  (Read 4149 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: GP practice using phone calls with no specific time given
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »

Maybe send this to Dr Currie so that she can respond ..........  in the meantime write a letter and ask this particular GP to put down the facts about vaginal atrophy use as he sees it, i.e. for 12 months and ask 'then what'?  Also point him to Jane's book ;-).   Also have a word with your local Pharmacists ......... gather as much info. to bang him over the head with!

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 03:18:19 PM »

It really is time to Name and Shame these GPs that have NO understanding of how to prescribe for menopause ladies.  They are not GOD nor do they seem to know much  :-\ ... it makes me WILD beyond words and it is obvious that Dr Currie is not getting through to them!

Katejo

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 04:04:16 PM »

Maybe send this to Dr Currie so that she can respond ..........  in the meantime write a letter and ask this particular GP to put down the facts about vaginal atrophy use as he sees it, i.e. for 12 months and ask 'then what'?  Also point him to Jane's book ;-).   Also have a word with your local Pharmacists ......... gather as much info. to bang him over the head with!
I was a firm but polite with this GP because I haven't met him before (so no face to face at all) but I was still assertive. At least I have a prescription for the next month so I can see whether it continues to work for me before requesting more. I can also get the book read. I saw 1 question today from a new user on FB who has been given Estriol cream but told that she absolutely cannot use it for more than 6 weeks!
I wonder how many practices Dr Currie has tried to get through to. Have some simply refused to accept it? Do the GP's think of it as non essential (so a potential to save money)? I pointed out to the GP that it would be better to continue with this than to have recurrent AB courses.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 04:48:47 PM »

Particularly as prescribing continual Anti-biotic therapy is putting the World at risk, surely he knows this?  If not it needs pointing out! and guidelines are suggesting less prescriptions for ABs to be handed out!

Do NOT wait - because if the GP refuses what then  :-\ - your vagina will be up the creek without!!!  I would be getting an appt. with a Pharmacist to discuss as well as the Nurse Practitioner at our Surgery.

I can't find out exactly how Dr Currie intends to inform UK GPs ....... I have asked the question several times  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2018, 07:51:48 PM »

Particularly as prescribing continual Anti-biotic therapy is putting the World at risk, surely he knows this?  If not it needs pointing out! and guidelines are suggesting less prescriptions for ABs to be handed out!

Do NOT wait - because if the GP refuses what then  :-\ - your vagina will be up the creek without!!!  I would be getting an appt. with a Pharmacist to discuss as well as the Nurse Practitioner at our Surgery.

I can't find out exactly how Dr Currie intends to inform UK GPs ....... I have asked the question several times  :-\
I have already talked to the pharmacist at the practice (when I went for my flu jab) but she was also insistent that it could only be used twice (or max 3 times) a week. I haven't tried the nurse yet. I will try to get an advance routine appt. but there have not been any on offer this week.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2018, 07:58:51 PM »

Ask Pharmacists in your local Chemists ......... they should be independent of what the Surgery actually wants to pay out for!

JaneinPen

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 08:04:21 AM »

There is a good article in the November Good Housekeeping on VA. Dr Currie gets a mention. Interesting bit about how AB's that are routinely handed out like sweets by the GP's in the hopes of shutting us up and how they affect our menopausal bodies

Bluebell

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 07:06:24 PM »

Hi Katejo, I've been using Vagifem for about 4/5 years. I use 2 a week and actually sometimes could do with using 3 because 2 just keeps the symptoms at bay...sometimes there's a little flare up and my bladder feels swollen. I've never heard about it being dangerous to use for more than a year?  I think I'll be using VF  for the rest of my life? I'm 64 now and couldn't function without it. 😬

Katejo

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2018, 08:19:24 AM »

Ask Pharmacists in your local Chemists ......... they should be independent of what the Surgery actually wants to pay out for!
I will try to do so on my way to work today if I have time. I am back in the situation of maybe having a UTI but won't get the urine test result (from a test yesterday)  before I am supposed to leave early on thursday. The previous test was inconclusive. Not sure whether to try and ask the practice to just give me a 3 day Trimethroprim to take with me as a back up or just to rely on an occasional dose of Nurofen until my test result is back next week. I am determined not to cancel this Italy trip (as  I did last time). It is only 4 days long so back on Monday.
There are 3 possible causes 1. Side effects of Vagifem (last used yesterday) 2. Pre holiday stress 3. a UTI or a mixture of all 3.

A separate question: When I read up on vagifem, it said that most users don't feel any real benefit for several months. however i did get an immediate benefit during the first 2 weeks. I am not  sure whether this has tailed off because I am not using it every day or whether it was just a placebo to start with.
Pages: 1 [2]