Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 help please  (Read 741 times)

pricey

Femoston 1/10 help please
« on: October 16, 2018, 03:35:11 PM »

Hello ladies,

Now in month 4. Month 2 I bled in the progesterone phase  month 3 right at the end of the pack. Bingo! Pretty much ok. Now just when I thought I had cracked it I have started bleeding lightly with bad cramps with 7 progesterone tablets to go. I feel better on this than the Elleste Duet which gave me constant headaches in the progesterone phase. However I have felt bloated the last ten days or so which suggests my own cycle kicked in. The GP suggested the mirena with this if my cycle refuses to settle but I have been offered that before and really don't want it -- two sisters had v bad experiences on it with headaches and back pain etc. Would I be better with patches or should I move up to  Femeston 2/10? I really don't want to keep having two bleeds a month.  I was on Femeston conti for 8 months and felt well but bled erratically.  No issues as I have had smear and scan..I also had no irregular bleeds on Elleste duet for two years.

Thanks in advance x

Dancinggirl

Re: Femoston 1/10 help please
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 04:03:31 PM »

If you go to a higher dose you are more likely to bleed.  I expect you own hormones are still having an influence. At this stage it is still early adn some erratic bleeding is to be expected.  Give things time.  Dg x

alibeau

Re: Femoston 1/10 help please
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 08:35:33 AM »

Hmmmmm I feel your pain.

I am only on month 2 of Femoston 1/10.  First month was great.  This month I started to bleed with over a week of grey tablets still left.  It's not much fun but it is better than the horrific hot flushes I was suffering with prior to HRT.....

What doesn't help is thinking you have found the answer only for things to go haywire again....

Do you feel you could stick with it a while longer?  Good luck whatever you decide.

Ali x