Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Difficulty getting estrogel  (Read 1125 times)

Donna-paul

Difficulty getting estrogel
« on: October 15, 2018, 02:18:55 PM »

I'm in Norwich and I can't get estrogel in the white and turquoise box anywhere. Only can get estrodose which I tried before and felt not right and awful headaches. I know there's been a discussion on here how they are the supposed to be the same it's looks like I'm going to have to try estrodose again 😒 my pharmacist says there are going to be lots more trouble with getting specific medication in the future😡

SueLW

Re: Difficulty getting estrogel
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 02:33:20 PM »

That last sentence.  That is what's keeping me awake at night, specifically because I now rely on HRT and Levothyroxine and I can't take the Teva brand of Levo, which they seem to be pushing more and more here now.  Also, we are told as thyroid patients, not to keep switching brands.  To find one that suits us and stick to it.  Much like HRT.  Now we are cutting our supply of these vital products off!  This is the stupidest thing we've done since we last went to war!

You might do better finding an on-line pharmacy.  They seem better able to get Estrogel.  Although right now I can't think of the name of any.  But their are several around and you can get NHS prescriptions filled with them.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »

Hurdity did the research on this and contacted the manufacturers that produce both Oestrogel and Ostrodose. They are identical but simply produced with different brand names and packaging. I think Ostrodose is the European version and as this is distributed more widely around Europe, it may be that more of it is produced. 
If you have doubts you could contact the manufacturer yourself to find out if there is a difference between them.
I used both and didn't find any difference at all. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 07:37:32 PM »

Hi there Donna-paul - yes they are exactly the same! In Europe, Oestrogel = Oestrodose = 0.06 % estradiol gel produced by Besins in Belgium (France) with a different name for different countries. As they are in different boxes it's only natural to think that one is different from the other but they are not, so no need to worry on that score! If you suspect you have a dodgy batch or unusual side effect (although testing is very stringent I am sure) then send back to manufacturers (if you suspect dodgy) or notify on the yellow card scheme (if unusual side effect).

Hurdity x