Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: why do i feel like iam dying some days  (Read 1100 times)

discokaren

why do i feel like iam dying some days
« on: October 13, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »

yep that's how i feel some days, if its not dizziness its digestion then its choking feeling, sometimes hot but hot sweats aren't that bigger problem for me. sometimes i get an awful feeling of dred before one comes on. now its twitching eye fuzzy vision at the side of one eye. then theirs anxiety, some days i cant go out. Aanyone else get or had these symtoms and does it get better? my periods havent stoped but they are every two months, when i would be due on and dont get one i still get really bad pms/pmt i think iam going mad some days.xx
 :'(  memory loss, water infections, has i type i feel like i am choking fed up .com
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:05:21 PM by discokaren »

BlueButterfly

Re: why do i feel like iam dying some days
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 05:08:51 PM »

Welcome to peri-hell.  :'( Sorry, I'm feeling it today as well. My body feels like I'm fighting a flu but I'm not sick at all. It's just awful. Amazing what the hormones do to our bodies isn't it? Hope you get a bit of relief soon!!

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 06:05:15 PM »

Hello discokaren.

I completely sympathise!  I find the unpredictability of this time in our lives very hard to tolerate. That being said I'm thankful for the times I feel a bit more normal but they don't last long and before you know it I'm back to being a quivering wreck. I am post meno but worry that my HRT regimes haven't adequately controlled my symptoms and have instead kept me in a perpetual peri meno state these last five years.

Sorry that I don't have the answers for you but you are certainly not alone and definitely not going mad!

Wishing you well.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 07:39:59 PM »

Hi discokaren

Have you thought of going on the contraceptive pill to suppress ovulation and stablise your hormones? Sounds like you are having symptoms associated both with declining oestrogen and hormonal surges of perimenopause. There are two types called QLAIRA and ZOELY which have oestrogen in them the same as our body makes and that is in HRT (estradiol) and QLAIRA has only 2 tablet free days unlike the conventional Pill. This would avoid the horrendous pmt feelings most of the time once your body acclimatised to the new hormones.

In the meantime here is an article about peri-menopause which you might find interesting if you haven't already seen it: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 07:40:54 PM »

:bighug:

BlueButterfly

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 07:53:54 PM »

I actually had some good luck with the choking sensation with acupuncture. I don't know if it would help you or not but when I do get the sensation now, it isn't as bad as it used to be. It doesn't stop me from eating anymore and I'd probably be doing better if I could continue to do some acupuncture treatments.

I miss my old body....the one that didn't hate me or feel like it was trying to die on me. I've been tested for about everything you can imagine at this point and nothing is wrong. I'm very healthy but sure don't feel it like on days like today. The ladies here have been Godsend for me....at least helping me not feel so crazy running off to the doctor every time some new, strange sensation/pain/issue comes up. It sadly seems too common to feel like death is knocking on our door some days/hours/minute. Even now, where i've been told I was fine, I sure don't feel it.