Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Should I carry on or stop  (Read 904 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Should I carry on or stop
« on: October 13, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »

Hi everyone.

Been on Sandrena 2mg & Utrogestan 100mg now for 8 days.
For the last 3, my anxiety has been getting worse and worse, and today, it's really bad,
bad enough for me to have a ‘funny turn' of some form or another in a full blown supermarket ,!
this afternoon. I had to find a seat in the restaurant part just to sit down for a few minutes.
It really knocked me back.
Also, I haven't felt right for a few days, something telling me ‘something's different ‘ from when I was on the femoston conti.
So my question is, do I stay on the Sandrena & utrogestan, to see if I start feel better, OR,
go back on the femoston conti, where I felt ok on it, but just had to increase sometimes, then drop back down?
The only reason I changed was because I was sick of increasing then dropping back down, and thought maybe I'd have better results with the two separates..
I'm taking the Utrogestan orally, don't want to use it vaginally, don't fancy that way....

Thanx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Should I carry on or stop
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 03:35:37 PM »

Can't give advice.  It really can be Trial and Error.

racjen

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 04:08:41 PM »

Personally I'd stop, simply because in my experience these things don't get better over time - if your body doesn't like it it's telling you to stop. If you got on well with Femoston then stick with that and be thankful, lots of women never find anything that really works for them. Sorry, that sounds a bit abrupt and I don't mean it to, I guess I'm just saying that if it ain't broke don't try and fix it, if the only problem you have with Femoston is that you have to alter the dose sometimes you're doing pretty bloody well!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 04:30:34 PM »

I had more side effects with Utrogestan than any other progesterone. Maybe switch to Provera or go back to the Femoston.
DG x

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 05:01:56 PM »

It could be that you are taking less oestrogen than you were when you were doubling up on the Femoston.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »

I did up my dose oestrogen for a couple days, but It made my anxiety worse.
Where as, when I up the dose of femoston, it helps, 8 out of 10 times,( then I take antihistamines to help if I get no relief) which then seems to settle it down.

Think I've made up my mind and I'm going back on the femoston, that wobble today in the supermarket really shook me up, and Racjen, your right, maybe this is the best I'm ever going to get
and should carry on with it. (Didn't take you as abrupt, by the way,) your just saying it as you see it.

Thanx for replying, DG and Dotty, hope your ok...

Jd xx

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 07:24:21 PM »

Hi jillydoll

I know you've been on a mixture of HRT types so your poor bod probably doesn't know if it's coming or going!  Your funny turn could well be due to taking utrogestan orally every day - it has a strong sedative effect and the metabolic byproducts from oral use are responsible for unpleasant side effects on some women.

Some women love it - but I would never take it orally and also I would never do any form of progestogen all the time. You have to take higher doses of utrogestan if taken orally as it is unstable so maybe you are reacting to this compared with the progestogen in Femoston.

If you are post-menopausal then really you should not be increasing and decreasing doses depending on how you feel - you need to work out what dose suits you most of the time and stick with it - OK over time women sometimes need to increase the dose if symptoms return - but not up and down.

I would suggest either go on a cycle so you don't have to take a progestogen all the time, but have to put up with a withdrawal bleed or stay with continuous combined HRT - but if Femoston 1/5 is not enough then do as you did before and take the 1/5 along with the 0.5/2.5 and stick with it - but not add gels and utrogestan etc.

You might find the side effects settle but you might also find that 100 mg oral intake is not sufficient to protect the uterus from that amount of oestrogen.

Utrogestan is a perfectly good progesterone for protecting the uterus - it's just that the dosing and mode of delivery may need varying! Higher oral doses for higher doses of oestrogen may just not suit some women due to the sedative effect and the metabolites/side effects.

Hope this helps

Hurdity x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 08:03:14 PM »

Hi Hurdity, thanx for the reply, and I hope your doing ok...

It does make perfect sense what you've said, and at the back of my mind , I've always worried about the amount of progesterone verses oestrogen I've been taking.
I think, sometimes, because you expect to feel 100% how you used to before meno, all this hrt stuff takes over, and you just keep striving to get back how you used to be. Don't think that's going to happen for me, completely anyway..
I was ok on the femoston, ups and downs, so now I think that's the best for me. And I'll have to get through the bad days when they happen just like everyone else, and NOT keep playing around with the hrt.
I do think the Utrogestan isn't for me, as I've said, that funny turn today, in an over crowded supermarket, really knocked me back, I never had anything like that in the Femoston.
So the femoston is for me, I'm sticking with that one.
Thanx for the advice...

Jd xx