Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ashwaghanda - anyone had good results with this herb?  (Read 681 times)

TraceyTracey

Ashwaghanda - anyone had good results with this herb?
« on: October 09, 2018, 03:36:29 PM »

I use an Estrogen patch and Mirena coil but find I feel agitated at times and am struggling with stress.  Is it ok to take a supplement on top of the HRT.

I read that Ashwaghanda helps with stress, energy, increases Testoterone... it has loads of good benefits. Has anyone tried it and can comment ?

Thank you 😊

BlueButterfly

Re: Ashwaghanda - anyone had good results with this herb?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 03:49:11 PM »

I have a friend that swears it is saving her sanity. She takes it daily.

I tried it once but it did not go well for me. I had a small dose, felt very sick, fluctuating temperature and nausea. However, I've read it can be hard on the digestive system and during that time mine was very out of sorts. I do hope to try it again one day.

SueLW

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 03:53:12 PM »

I suspect it depends what is causing the issue for you.  Ashwaghanda is an herb that extends the life of cortisol, evening out highs and lows.  I took it for a while, but never noticed any benefits or otherwise.  I stopped it and still didn't notice anything.  Others swear by it.

dangermouse

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 04:49:11 PM »

I took it as part of a Cortisol complex and sometimes it instantly lowered the anxiety and other times it did nothing, not had any bad side effects though and I am very sensitive.

I suspect when cortisol is high it hits it straight down but other times it's adrenaline or another hormone misbehaving and so there's no effect?