Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Giving up on Evorel Conti today.  (Read 1855 times)

ali 61

Giving up on Evorel Conti today.
« on: October 05, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »

Well I tried Evorel Conti for 6 weeks. I had to go onto 1/2 a patch after one week, due to severe stomach cramps.
The hot flushes and sweats stopped quite quickly.

But for 5 weeks I have still struggled.
I got constant nausea and cramps (not as severe). Then for this last week have been hit with crying and anxiety and also pressure in my chest.

Last night I didnt sleep, I felt so ill. Today I have bad cramps again.
I cant take this anymore, so I want to stop.

My question is.....after being on 1/2 a patch, so therefore just 25mg, for 5 weeks, am I ok just to take the patch off now and stop?
I know most comments say its best to reduce slowly, but am I already low enough to just stop?
Thanks, x

NorthArm

Re: Giving up on Evorel Conti today.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 09:33:38 AM »

If you're already suffering, you might as well just taking it off. You may start getting the flushes again, and a bleed pretty quickly though.

You might be better off using an oestrogen only patch,  or gel, with a separate progesterone such as Utrogestan, or progestin such as norethisterone. Or a tablet type such as Femoston as the progesterone in that is meant to be better tolerated.

Good luck with it all xx

Good luck with it all xx

ali 61

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 09:45:56 AM »

Thank you NorthArm

I'm going to take the patch off. I hurt so much. No dr's appointments for 2 weeks, so that will give me time to write some stuff down to ask him.

I suffer from migraines, so thats why I had Conti patches...but maybe the Utrogestan would still be ok alongside a patch?

I'm hoping I dont get a bleed. I didnt have any spotting at all this 6 weeks on the patch. And my last period was 2 and 1/2 years ago. Fingers crossed.
Thanks again for the reply. x

paisley

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 11:14:15 AM »

Hi ali61
Sorry you are feeling bad. It is probably the progesterone part making you feel bad. I started the Evorel .5 patch 5 days ago. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago & so don't need the progesterone. You might be better with patch & seperate progesterone. Before my hysterectomy I was in Perimenopause & the progesterone in the HRT made me feel so much worse

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

We have to listen to our bodies!

vickypk

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 07:55:57 PM »

Hi Ali 61
Sorry you are still feeling bad. I would just take the patch off.
You gave it a good go.
I tried oestrogel and utrogeestan before the patches. I just couldn't get on with that regime at all. I gave that 3 months but felt terrible. With the utrogeestan the stomach cramps were awful after a few days, I had to go to bed as I was in so much pain. It's a shame I really wanted that regime to work
Really hope you find something that works for you and you feel better soon.
Xx

NorthArm

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 10:31:15 PM »

Have you thought about having a Mirena inserted alongside an oestrogen patch? Some ladies do very well on it xx

ali 61

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 10:18:41 AM »

I took the patch off at 11am yesterday.(So its been exactly 24 hours)  So far the chest pressure and anxiety has gone, and I managed to sleep last night.
Any idea how long this awful period-type pain will stay? Does it take a while for the hormones to get out of your system?
I am still having bad cramps today.
If I could swear...I would. But I'm a Lady! Just really fed up now.x

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 11:04:40 AM »

It should settle in a couple of days and you might have a period/bleed but should be o.k. afterwards. Mine lasted about 5 days after stopping the patches.