Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Reassurance for women with small breasts getting mammograms  (Read 2017 times)

Dandelion

Reassurance for women with small breasts getting mammograms
« on: September 09, 2019, 01:59:01 PM »

Hello
I have small breasts and was worried about the mammogram I had today as I thought it would hurt, given the amount of women on the internet who say mammos hurt with small breasts.
Mine was mild discomfort and my breasts are tiny.
This is just to reassure any woman with small medium or large breasts, my mammo was mild discomfort at the very most and was much easier than I thought.

marge

Re: Reassurance for women with small breasts getting mammograms
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 04:32:39 PM »

Birdy, you should get an invite for a mammogram automatically in the year that you are 50. I've never found then painful, just a bit uncomfortable, but worth it.

Maxwin

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 04:48:22 PM »

For some reason I always get very uptight before a mammogram, I have small breasts struggle to fill an A Cup, it goes through my mind that they will think 'is it worth it'.  Its so silly as afterwards I always feel so much better and relieved I burst into tears once!  You are right its just a few seconds of slight discomfort and big or small they have seen it all.  I'm sure we all know someone who has had breast cancer so get your boobs checked. :)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 08:38:19 PM »

I've never had a mammogram and I'm 55....( nearly)
They asked me to go when I was 49. They said they were extending the date and inviting women at the age of 49....( It could've been 48, I forget)
At that time I declined the offer because someone told me it was soooo painful, that they'd never go again...so, I thought, because I was scared to death, I'll go when I reach my 50s, when they recall me...I'm 55 in a few months times and have never been called back....

orrla

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 08:16:22 AM »

It depend on who is doing it!

My last one ended on me writing a complain, I was so roughly and rudely handled.

She acted as if my very small breasts were something disgusting and I was wasting her time.

To be honest, I wonder if in case of such a small size as mine anything going on in them could be missed by me.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:12:50 AM by orrla »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 10:40:21 AM »

You can ring for an appt. jillydoll though my lump wasn't found on film but on palpation

I have had very painful exams in the past  :-\. Apparently the scanners were designed by a woman ......  :-X

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 07:17:24 PM »

I've had 3 mammograms and the worst its been is a slight pinching sensation. I have very small breasts, small all over. Interesting though what people find difficult / painful. I'm terrible with anything internal. Absolutely hate smears and have been told off twice for being tense and making their job difficult! I make myself go. One of the mums at school didn't go for hers and got cervical cancer and sadly didn't make it, so I'd reiterate what Birdy says Jillydoll, ring and ask for an appointment, smears and mammograms can save lives.