Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Feeling so deflated  (Read 1015 times)

Angel1964

Feeling so deflated
« on: October 05, 2018, 07:02:17 AM »

Hi ladies feeling so deflated at the moment. Been off work since end of June with anxiety. Had exactly the same at perimenopause and now the same post menopause. Went back to work on Monday on a phased return doing 3 hours a day. Was OK up until yesterday felt a bit anxious at work but got it under control. Now today been awake since 4, anxiety is heightening so have had to book a day off work. Feel so fed up that I was doing ok and couldn't even manage a week at work on only 3 hours. I am on HRT femseven Conti but only half a patch, menopace Plus multivit, low dose vitamin D and magnesium oil. What more can I do.

Dotty

Re: Feeling so deflated
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 07:04:39 AM »

You probably need more oestrogen x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 07:13:54 AM »

Perhaps switch to a sequential hrt? You may need some anti anxiety meds alongside hrt if things don't settle. DG x

Angel1964

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 07:21:40 AM »

Thanks Ladies. I did cut my patch in half two weeks ago as had a slight bleed. Today is patch change so I'm going back on a full one and will suffer the period pain and if I get any more slight bleeds. This is my 14th week on femseven Conti. Unfortunately I smoke and I'm finding it hard to give in and that worries me that I smoke and that I'm on patches. We'll see how I go on a full patch has yes maybe its because I've cut the patch in half and less hormones.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 07:34:48 AM »

Unfortunately smoking does reduce the benefits of hrt I'm afraid. Ask for help with stopping the smoking as this might help you more than anything. Maybe some ADs/SSRIs or beta blockers for a while might be beneficial and might also help you give up smoking ?
The menopause really messes with our heads - so many of us can empathise with you. DG x