Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Increasing Anxiety  (Read 1774 times)

Mustard1

Increasing Anxiety
« on: September 29, 2018, 10:33:19 AM »

Has anyone suffered from increased anxiety whilst on HRT but all other meno. symptoms are gone.  No depression, no weeing in the middle of the night, sleeping OK (but anxiety is all related to sleep - madness).  Currently on Everol Conti 50mcg plus 1 1/2 pumps estrogel.  Is it possible that I am not getting enough progesterone?  Anxiety so bad about sleep that I don;t want to go on holiday incase I spoil it by not sleeping.  Never suffered anxiety before except for about 3 months during puberty but only now realise it was anxiety.

racjen

Re: Increasing Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »

Yes, my acute anxiety started when I went onto utrogestan and hasn't gone away; before that my symptoms were depression and hot flushes, both of which were sorted with a high enough dose of oestrogen. Current theory is that it's connected with constant fluctuations in progesterone as I can't tolerate it continuously (I'm post-meno) so getting Mirena on Tues to see if it makes any difference.

Mustard1

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:59:11 AM »

Thanks Racjen - I am also post meno.  Please let me know if the coil does the trick. 

Vickylo

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 11:33:29 AM »

Merina is constant progresterone. I have had 2 fitted. First one fine while I was peri but the second one I was post & I had to have it removed, caused extreme anxiety even with separate oestrogen patch. Now on elleste duet 1mg. Still anxious & migraines. Doctor has given me femseven patches to try after I finish this cycle. Anxiety is the worse symptom for me, never suffered from it, now it's awful.

Mustard1

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 03:15:55 PM »

It would be good to know if any other women experience this and if it actually passes.  Two women I know who opted not to take HRT suffered anxiety for around 18 months and then it passed.  Is there anyone on this forum that this happened to i.e. once the hormones balance does this awful debilitating anxiety leave us.

racjen

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 03:54:55 PM »

Thanks VickyLo, yes I know the Mirena is constant progesterone, the idea is that it might not cause the same problems because it's a much much lower dose and it's delivered locally rather than going right round your system. And it's a different progesterone. Sorry it didn't work for you and I'm not optimistic that it's going to make any difference to me, but since I already have the extreme anxiety I don't have a lot to lose.

Anxiety does seem to be the worst symptom for many of the women on here, and yet when I described it to the consultant gynae I finally had an appointment with a few weeks ago, she acted as if she'd never encountered it before. So I don't feel very confident in her knowledge and expertise right now  :-\

Vickylo

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 04:58:19 PM »

My doctors the same! I go for therapy, also acupuncture & reflexolgy. They all agree that my anxiety is hormonal. I have never suffered from it before, did not know what was happening when I had my first attack at work, it scared me so much! Despite this doctor gave me anti depressants which I refused to take. After many visits, they put me on hrt. Really hope mirena works for you. The plus for me was no periods in peri & no other symptoms.  :bighug:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 05:08:02 PM »

I find that when I higher my dose of my femoston conti,
My anxiety is a hell of a lot better.
But then I get horrid side effects from the prog.
So I drop back back down until I need to tweek again.
It's up and down I'm afraid.
I am on sandrena gel too so I suspect it's the extra prog I need.

Mustard1

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 01:47:29 PM »

JIllydoll - are you post or peri?  Do you use the sandrena gel on top of the Femston Conti.  I am using oestrogel as well as the Everol Conti 50mgs.  |All my memo symptoms have improved apart from awful anxiety over sleep which is actually affecting my whole life.  I worry every  day about sleeping and the bizarre thing is I do sleep!!!!! So you would think after 10 months they anxiety would be reducing but it is getting worse.  Bizarre.  Just bought a book my Dr Marion Cluck called It must be my hormones - so will see if that throws ant light onto this.  Pure and utter madness.

EnglishRose

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 09:44:59 AM »

JIllydoll - are you post or peri?  Do you use the sandrena gel on top of the Femston Conti.  I am using oestrogel as well as the Everol Conti 50mgs.  |All my memo symptoms have improved apart from awful anxiety over sleep which is actually affecting my whole life.  I worry every  day about sleeping and the bizarre thing is I do sleep!!!!! So you would think after 10 months they anxiety would be reducing but it is getting worse.  Bizarre.  Just bought a book my Dr Marion Cluck called It must be my hormones - so will see if that throws ant light onto this.  Pure and utter madness.

Ahh Mustard

I recall you now. You are the lady who has mirror symptoms to my own. I think you have a phobia and you would be wise to seek treatment now.
Its all about your subconscious now, you have programmed your mind to feel this way. i TRULY feel for you as I also have that phobia but I have no alarm to wake me up so that takes the fear away but even so, if I am not asleep by 2am I start getting anxious, its always there.
I am dreading funerals that are going to happen at some point in the future because that's a commitment that will make me fear the lack of sleep.

I have found however, if I am faced with something I cannot avoid as much as I am anxious about not sleeping the night before I have accepted I won't sleep and make peace with that. I tell myself "Its just one night I can cope with one night FGS!" and then I sleep normally and without anxiety. Reverse psychology you see?

I am NOT cured by far. If I had a job to get up for (I work from home) it would be much harder as that alarm clock is a trigger for anxiety, I have no control the clock controls my sleep.

Right now I am dealing with another anxiety that puts insomnia into the shade. I would rather have insomnia than have what I am so scared I might have since I stumbled on their website looking for clues to my new and weird symptoms... health anxiety.

You need to try get to the route of why you have focussed on this particular fear. For me my mother was a chronic insomniac and I think as a child I witnessed her suffering and I developed a fear of it which turned into a phobia following a spat of insomnia I experienced that reduced me to a wreck convinced I would never sleep again. That lasted a total of 4 nights! Pathetic compared to how some true insomniacs have to live with.

Drop me a PM anytime :) x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 09:58:59 PM »

Hi Mustard1
Yes I use the Sandrena on top of the femoston conti, I'm 4 years post meno.
Since using the Sandrena , I'm finding I have more energy, and even though I've felt down sometimes, they don't seem so bad.
When my anxiety was bad the other week, I upped my femoston by 1/2, which gave me an extra 2.5mg  progesterone, and the anxiety got better....I think they got off balance a little and by increasing the progesterone it must have levelled out, because I felt better..
I only do that occasionally, because too much progesterone gives me the horrible side effects.
If my anxiety is really bad, I take an antihistamine, that really helps me...

Jd xx